First of all, Happy August! Secondly, have you checked out our new August sponsors? You should, they are all amazing, &so many are very close to my heart. Good reads and good shops.
As mentioned, there has ben a lot of "life" going on. Personal events and details that will be kept off the blog--- at least for now. I've been a busy mama and not very active on the blog.... unfortunately (fortunately for me), I won't be very active this week either. Miss Marlowe and I have trip to Massachusetts set up for Wednesday to Sunday. Eric was sceduled to go with us, but has been overly swamped with work &life. It's too bad, because we had dreams of ridiculous amounts of rounds of candlepin bowling. But that is life.
M's walking is a real and daily thing now. Chasing the poor and very patient dog back and forth and round and round. Food in hand-- circling each room in the house in an attempt to be closer to the fleabag. jerry runs away and comes quickly back around for every miss-bite of food. They are a good team and great at keeping each other busy.
I mentioned M's father would be in town, well he is, and he was. His flight leaves back to New York tonight. Normally his visits are three days at a time--- this time one week. Next time? There is no visit next time.... well, because, he moves back. Its permanent. This is what he says anyway---- but for me, nothing is real until it happens. If this past visit was any indication of how things will be with his return--- then everything should be fine. This visit brought A LOT of sleep for Marlowe. Her nap time has been increasing this past month anyway-- but with him here she took up to three naps a day. I'm not sure how he does it, but he is good at calming her down to sleep. And just about every time I left my home and returned, she was fast asleep with him. I'm crossing my fingers that this continues. Alex and I had many parent talks--- future choices, options, and possible decisions. Schools in the area, doctor visits, and (most importantly): food talks (remember.... he's not vegan).
This week feels like one really large blur. Not seven or eight days--- but one tremendously long day. I'm tired and hormonal (thats mom-life, isnt it?). &I just want life to return to normal, but instead, Marlowe and I will be leaving in two days and it feels like our "normal" will not be here any longer when we return. For the rest of the week I have packing and trip planning, shipments, and cleaning, and of course lots of clapping, dancing, walking baby time. I look forward to this trip ahead, visiting family and friends, and the many adventures that await miss Marlowe and I.
As mentioned, there has ben a lot of "life" going on. Personal events and details that will be kept off the blog--- at least for now. I've been a busy mama and not very active on the blog.... unfortunately (fortunately for me), I won't be very active this week either. Miss Marlowe and I have trip to Massachusetts set up for Wednesday to Sunday. Eric was sceduled to go with us, but has been overly swamped with work &life. It's too bad, because we had dreams of ridiculous amounts of rounds of candlepin bowling. But that is life.
I mentioned M's father would be in town, well he is, and he was. His flight leaves back to New York tonight. Normally his visits are three days at a time--- this time one week. Next time? There is no visit next time.... well, because, he moves back. Its permanent. This is what he says anyway---- but for me, nothing is real until it happens. If this past visit was any indication of how things will be with his return--- then everything should be fine. This visit brought A LOT of sleep for Marlowe. Her nap time has been increasing this past month anyway-- but with him here she took up to three naps a day. I'm not sure how he does it, but he is good at calming her down to sleep. And just about every time I left my home and returned, she was fast asleep with him. I'm crossing my fingers that this continues. Alex and I had many parent talks--- future choices, options, and possible decisions. Schools in the area, doctor visits, and (most importantly): food talks (remember.... he's not vegan).
This week feels like one really large blur. Not seven or eight days--- but one tremendously long day. I'm tired and hormonal (thats mom-life, isnt it?). &I just want life to return to normal, but instead, Marlowe and I will be leaving in two days and it feels like our "normal" will not be here any longer when we return. For the rest of the week I have packing and trip planning, shipments, and cleaning, and of course lots of clapping, dancing, walking baby time. I look forward to this trip ahead, visiting family and friends, and the many adventures that await miss Marlowe and I.
Photos from this past week:
watermelon gazpacho
african themed mobile
shopping with michelle. tacos with eric.
art for baby from m's father (to match my very faded tattoo). passed out.
flowers for mama. &no heat curls for an important date with Kristine.
family talks at pizzeria. coffee and lunch with the ladies.
soup making. roasted vegetable bread salad.
morning naps. morning breakfast (by michelle).
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment