Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kids

I've heard so many mother's say: "every age so far has been my new favorite!" Errrr.... not for me. I don't feel bad stating there were stages (plural) I really did not enjoy. Four months? Not a huge fan. She wasn't yet mobile, she was teething like crazy, &I felt like a bad mom if I wasn't holding or entertaining her 100% of the time. It was tough. Newborn stage? Eh. I never really cared much for babies (I had no desire to have kids--- sorry, it's true)... I loved her with all my heart, but her newborn stage just wasn't something I was into. But right now? I love. This is so far my favorite. The past two months... where she has been very mobile, and very curious, but not yet old enough to fully tantrum (there are only tiny tantrums here and there), has been lovely! She loves me and needs me but feels independent enough to explore our home on her own. She's so much fun, full of life, and her personality is really starting to shine through. It's been great... and I will be sad when she outgrows this little stage of hers. That's not to say, I'm not looking forward to future stages... cause I am (many of them), but I am sad to know I'll never get this one back.

P1210333
P1210337
P1210334
Marlowe &Ebba. Ebba was around Marlowe's age when I get pregnant. I remember loving this age for her too! Yes, Christine and I have some gorgeous little girls. 


What are your favorite baby and children ages and stages? Are there any you didn't care for? Should I be dreading or looking forward to certain ones? 

Ps. It's safe to call my kid a toddler now, isn't it? She doesn't ever crawl and has learned how to climb into kitchen cabinets, open the trash can, and the toilet. That's totally toddler status, isn't it?

also:
P1210324
oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment