Wednesday, August 24, 2011

a dreary day in august



I am absolutely shattered! Honestly, who needs 30 day shred when you can walk around Ikea for 2 hours and get more of a strenuous workout/leg ache. I managed to pick up the cute little pen holder, it was actually a cutlery holder, from there as well as purchase this little bookcase. I'm sure my books will appreciate their new house; usually they're stacked on top of one another like a knowledgeable leaning tower of literature. Luke was an Ikea virgin but I think he fell in love with the place when he realised he could pick up a hot dog for a mere 50p. I passed and binged on a good old Bacon Double Cheeseburger. I swear they're the burgers of Kings!

I've decided I'm going to get back into scrap booking and making ridiculous collages as you can see from the second photograph. Those cuttings came from some awesome zines that the lovely Claire sent to me what seems a lifetime ago! There's something so unbelievably therapeutic about cutting out images and creating your own little masterpiece from them so I'm excited to see what becomes of them. Apologies for the extremely diva-esque photographs of myself. I wasn't really feeling putting my whole fell-asleep-in-the-car-and-now-I'm-not-sure-who-I-am eyes on camera. As you can see, my knees are healing up well. I am so so clumsy and not in the clichéd blonde bimbo way. I think I've just got a serious case of vertigo which leads me to crash back to earth every now and again. Oh, tall girl problems.

Everything seems to be falling into place for my move. My lovely Grandmother surprised me with a parcel containing a handpainted card, academic diary and a cheque the other day. Grandparents are so thoughtful! I'll definitely be putting the little bit of money towards the cost of my books. Which reminds me, there's still lots of pretty things left in my blog sale. Go and take a peek!

I'm going to go and spend the rest of my evening gorging on terrible television, nomming a bacon sarnie and writing up lots more lists. Hope it's not too rainy where you are! I'll be back tomorrow with a post about my amazing new bag 

No comments:

Post a Comment