Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy Bee 006


 (I thought I'd give you a combo of photos depicting how i wind down for the night. Basically, I forgot to snap some of myself earlier.)
 
Goal achievements;
It's been discussed in the media in great depth so I'm sure you're all aware of the UK's current youth unemployment rate. Little old me racks up one of those little statistics because I've been struggling to find work for near enough two months now! I've really been working towards my goal of eventually finding a job this week though. Firstly, I applied for a receptionist position on Monday and then I attended a job fair yesterday which saw me give my best interview yet!! I even mentioned my article in the paper and my little blog. She seemed very impressed by little Viva. N'aww. Wish me luck people - I find out soon whether I was successful!! 

I was also able to cross off my 'sell things on EBAY' goal because I did exactly that! I'm very thankful for the little bit of cash it got me. It definitely helps! I'll be dispatching the items on Monday when the post office re-opens. I hope they don't mind me sending off so many things :/ I'm gunna be putting more things on soon so keep an eye out! I also managed to  cross off my 'have a duvet day with the sister' goal. I think it's so important to keep a good relationship with your siblings and being the oldest I always feel like I have to take great care of the little cubs. The little cub was off school 'cause she was ill so I made her soup, changed her hot water bottle and watch Pocahontas with her (: Lovely! This also worked towards my 'watch 500 films' goal. On Friday, I got a call from my Mama saying my article I sent last week had been published in the local newspaper! I was so amazed to see my face/my story in the paper, haha. You can read it here. It meant I could cross off my goal to get something published! It's been quite a good week goal wise! Next week I want to have thought about writing more things and to have started to read a novel. I also of course want to be able to cross off my 'find a job' goal!! 

Posts I've loved....
I really enjoyed the return of Gem's Tuesday Tip this week! It definitely was a corker. If, like me, you've always been reluctant to paint your nails with a glittery polish fear not because Gem has the answer! That beautiful lady should honestly write a book. I've told her that before ;) 

Another feature I'm loving at the moment is the lovely Michelle's 'Way to Wear'. Every Wednesday she offers up her styling knowledge and in turn gives us a multitude of ways to wear wardrobe basics. It definitely helps people like me who can't style things interestingly for toffee! This week saw the turn of the traditional denim shorts. Go take a peek if you want some inspiration for some fun summer outfits ;)

My week in posts;
As usual, I started the week off with a dose of happiness! Monday's can be so gloomy so it's essential for me to write those little bursts of happiness. My next post saw me ponder my ideal dinner party and I loooved reading all the responses. There was definitely some interesting choices and I think it helped me to get to know my readers a lot better! I'm enjoying having a feature that everyone can really get involved in. It's definitely a keeper! My week in photos post saw me bare a make-up free face and shared photos from my cousin's wedding. Everyone said they loved my hair, haha! My dad dragged me out the house before I could do anything to it so it's au naturalé and I haven't had it dyed/cut for 2 months. Haha. Glad you like my imperfections though ;) Thanks for your kind words about my make-up free face too. It's quite liberating to not really wear anything. I think more girlies should realise how empowering it is and bare all. I've also decided to rename my Friday post 'Snap Happy'. Makes it a little more fresh ;)


Plans;
This coming week will see me  send off EBAY items, hear about the job, go driving, view my new flat and go and see Luke. Lovely Jubbly! It's not jam packed but it'll have to do. I hope you all have had a lovely weekend and have a good week. I'm not very well today so tweet/comment me and keep my mind occupied!


A few to follow? the uber talented Ella, the sweeter than sweet Ayden and the super stylish Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment