Monday, June 13, 2011

Asking For It

P1180311
I lie to people: I tell people I hate games &competitive activities. even though I like them a lot. Why? Truth is they give me anxiety. I want to win (or at least come close) &I feel like if I'm not going to do my absolute best (and win) then I'm better off not doing them at all. Uh, yeah, that's not exactly a great attitude is it? Nope, no it's not. But it's the truth-- it's a sad character flaw I have.

That being said, I really do hate topbabyblogs. The whole thing gives me anxiety. I don't want to worry about what number I'm in or if I'm even on the first page, but being a pretty new blog (less than a yew old!), it's kinda important to stay ranked. I have made a lot of friends and blog readers through topbabyblogs (this is the only upside to this site-- a big upside) and I'd like to keep meeting more (everyone I've connected with thus far has been fantastic). Yes, I still spam facebook occasionally, and every once in a while I'll ask here, but I hate placing the vote link &banner at the bottom of every page. You may have noticed, I stopped doing that a while ago. It doesn't look tasteful to ask every single post, especially when I'm writing from the heart about my daughter (OH AND VOTE FOR MY BLOG!) Ugh. Hate. I hate scrolling through twitter and seeing it every other post. I especially hate seeing it on instagram--- I'm there for the pretty photos (mostly, of the two best things in the world: food and babies). Everywhere: vote vote vote. 

I've been torn this past reset: stay on topbabyblogs or say goodbye forever (or at least for a long time). I decided I'm going to stay. I don't want to ask for votes anymore. I'll only ask once. Once every reset. After that, you can continue voting (once a day) if you really and truly feel like you should (we sure hope so!)

They reset topbabyblogs last week. We're grateful to be on the first page, but are struggling-- neck and neck with a lot of other great blogs. We would love your vote (a few days late) for this reset. 

Consider voting for us today if: 
-you enjoy ohdeardrea and most of what this blog offers (photos, stories, crafts, honesty, diet water).
-you've enjoyed reading about our lives and watching my babycakes grow. 
-you can't get enough of this face:
IMG_0639IMG_0577
-or if, you don't really care for me, but can't stay away and keep coming back for more (cause I think this deserves a vote too).

I wont keep coming back and asking you for more votes. Not here, not on twitter, &not on instagram. I may cheat and ask everyone once in a while on facebook (MAYBE).  

Please know how much we appreciate each and every reader &single person who takes a moment to vote for ohdeardrea. You guy's have kept us ranked this far and it means a lot to me. Thank you for your support.

If you want to help us out:
Please vote today to help us with the recent reset. 
&Please vote once daily to help us stay ranked. 


Thank you!
Love, 
Drea & Marlowe
P1180497

ps. I'm totally not trying to put down a whole website. The idea behind it works, and the creator is obviously a genius. 
pps. Michelle is bring leftover pho today and I could not be more excited! hehe. 



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment