Monday, April 4, 2011

A Weekend With Marlowe's Father

Well, the weekend is over. Marlowe's father came and left and everything is once again, how it was before his visit-- back to normal life. It was probably the best weekends we've had together since Marlowe's birth. High tension at points, but no fighting and little disagreements. I laugh more since having Marlowe-- it helps. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. &even when she's not happy, I'm okay, because I know: we've got a really good life going on here.

We took Marlowe to Miami on saturday. We visited the raw market that we had visited a million times before together. I picked up a few spices and we snacked on some lunch. We debated on taking Marlowe to the Fairchild Gardens where we once members of or visiting Viscaya-- a mansion and garden near where we used to live. Not planning our day very well--- we realized it was much later than we had thought and most outdoor places were closing. We chose Viscaya giving us an hour and a half to roam the gardens. It was beautiful. It's ridiculous that we had never visited before. We tried to think of reasons why, but we have no excuse. I wish I had known what I was missing, I would have went everyday. I really can't wait to take Marlowe back. I cannot describe how gorgeous it was &my pictures don't do the views any justice.

We stopped for coffee and drove back north. We stopped at Pizzeria (where I'm sure everyone was beyond confused to why I was there with someone other than Eric) and then headed back to my house.

Sunday consisted of: coffee, a grumpy morning with two hungry parents, cuban food, purchasing a stroller, the park where Marlowe could meet his mother, the beach, &dinner at home.

He made many attempts to use the baby-sling this weekend, but Miss Marlowe only wanted to be in her mama's ams. Practically every walk, definitely every meal, and every activity at home: I held her. But she was a champ throughout the weekend: slept in the car, played at the beach, happy during meals, and so on. I'm a lucky mama.

P1150040
The Market
P1150042
A mess of food. I spy a fruit pie in the background.
P1150045
P1150052
P1150049
P1150056
P1150057
P1150061
P1150063
P1150067
P1150071
sneak attack.
P1150073
P1150076
P1150080
lost in a maze.
P1150093
my favorite thing.
P1150096
P1150098
P1150068
P1150105
P1150108
Getting coffee for the Cuban (Jewban).

Sunday:
P1150110
P1150115
He may not be in her life much, &he may not have done much for either her or I since I became pregnant, but despite everything: he is her father, &I still care about him, &at one point I loved him, so we've got to do the best with this life we've got. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, We've reached 300+ google connect followers which means it's time for another giveaway. I know I said monday, but the giveaway will be announced tomorrow. 

Thank you for all the lovely comments on the baby bump post. I'm silly (I was a first timer with zero   baby belly experience) & I thought that blue dress would actually be able to make throughout the whole pregnancy. It wasn't very long before my breasts and ribs outgrew that dress. ha. Thanks again guys :)

Don't forget: if you've got anymore questions to the vegan post: ask! There are no dumb questions and I'm happy to answer or help with anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment