Monday, April 11, 2011

Travel

Well, in just a short 3 days we will be traveling to Atlanta. And by traveling, I mean: flying. And by flying, I most likely mean: holding on to a baby while digging my nails into my arm rest or into Eric's arm. I wish I could say every time I fly I look this happy and this glamorous:
n14307689_32737031_4186
but, I don't. I really really don't. 
(i miss you long hair)

I've been the passenger crying helplessly to the stranger next to me. I've been the person screaming "we're going to die!" &the person so incredibly out of it from a few too many anxiety pills and glasses of wine. So of course, as much as I'm looking forward to this weekend getaway with family and friends, I am also bit weary. The last time I flew was a little over a year ago. I was newly pregnant and of course, anxiety medication and drink free. My pregnant belly wasn't obvious yet &I was sitting there holding on to my seat for dear life, tears streaming down my face, biting down on my lip as tight as humanly possible during take off. The passenger next to me was trying to console me tell me "everything is going to be alright" while I rambled away trying to explain that I was pregnant, refusing to take an anxiety pill, and scared. Fun right? Ha, sure. This happens 75% of the time. &For whatever reason: I'm okay and even happy 25% of all other flying adventures. Who knows what my deal is-- not me. 

Well, this thursday will be Babycakes first airplane adventure &I have to do everything possible to hold myself together. I know my fear for flying is a bit really irrational. I know I'll more than likely be fine--- I just need to do my best to make sure to never instill a fear of flying in Marlowe. I've got to put on my happy face and do my best to make sure she has a great flight. Like her, I'm a newbie to this mama-baby flying thing. I'm happy that I can breastfeed her if necessary &I'm hoping the air pressure wont hurt her little ears too much. I'm also happy to have Eric (also not great at flying) to help out a bit if need be. I'm happy that I'm not panicking quite yet, and feeling kinda sorta confident so far. 

This time around we wont be able to bring even half the amount of things we brought up to Atlanta before. We plan on making a bed on the floor for Marlowe (a real bed is out of the question-- she loves to roll everywhere), we also plan on bringing the stroller/car seat combo-- some how, and maybe the tiny bit of frozen milk I have stored up. We'll see how it goes. Have any tips to flying with a 6 month old, please please send em this way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment