As mentioned, I have a tremendous fear of flying. What I didn't mention is: I once tried to get over my fear of flying by: skydiving. Yes, skydiving.
Needless to say, it didn't work. I hated the falling part &loved the soaring part (once the chute went up). If only a plane accident meant soaring and not falling--- then I'd be alright.
At 10 years old (or some age around there) I cried &cried and refused to fly to Florida. I actually ended up taking a train (with my brother and grandma) from New York to Florida. Man, I was stubborn. (heh, was... right). So yeah, Steph, Kelley, &I flew down to Florida for vacation and jumped out of a plane with my friend Camilo &two of his friends. I'm not quite sure how or why I thought skydiving would help, but whatever, it was worth a shot. Sometimes I like to jump head first into (sometimes stupid) situations and hope everything works out for the best. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. But really, what's life if we aren't taking chances?
Needless to say, it didn't work. I hated the falling part &loved the soaring part (once the chute went up). If only a plane accident meant soaring and not falling--- then I'd be alright.
At 10 years old (or some age around there) I cried &cried and refused to fly to Florida. I actually ended up taking a train (with my brother and grandma) from New York to Florida. Man, I was stubborn. (heh, was... right). So yeah, Steph, Kelley, &I flew down to Florida for vacation and jumped out of a plane with my friend Camilo &two of his friends. I'm not quite sure how or why I thought skydiving would help, but whatever, it was worth a shot. Sometimes I like to jump head first into (sometimes stupid) situations and hope everything works out for the best. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. But really, what's life if we aren't taking chances?
pictures to prove it:
I've scheduled this post to go up at the same time my Atlanta flight is scheduled to take off. If something happens, then at least maybe you'll know (or believe) I could be some sort of a badass.
A recipe will be posted tomorrow... otherwise expect me back Monday or Tuesday with an Atlanta post and a giveaway :) I'm sure I'll probably be updating a ton via twitter-- at the very least: I expect some pretty ridiculous things to come out of my drunken friends mouths that I can tweet.
Oh and if you wouldn't mind voting, that would be awesome too.
Consider it a "safe travels/goodbye" vote.
Bon voyage amigos.
No comments:
Post a Comment