Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Well this was quite a wonderful and lovely non valentine-y Valentines Day! I think Eric and I talked about poop for a good 15 minutes before Valentines Day was even mentioned at all. The thing is, I do LOVE Valentines Day... I realize its a hallmark holiday and everything, but I still do enjoy the lovey-dovey idea of it... and I even love the pink and red (gasp). I love being romanced and all the extra sweet gestures and all the bells and whistles, but this year was very different. For the first year ever I didn't really care for any of that-- I didn't need it. I know Eric loves me, he shows me every single day. I don't need the bells and whistles to prove anything-- I am content. But of course, in the spirit of Valentines Day, Babycakes and I still dressed up in some pretty pink dresses :)
P1110119
P1110142
P1110152
P1110137
Why yes! Mama did put Marlowe's dress on backwards! Oops. 

Like the true romantic that I am: I gave Eric this card last July. Lucky for us we are still dating! 
P1110157
P1110217
Heart envelope containing a mixed cd<3
P1110161
And I was taken out for the usual Pizzeria....

And as an extra Valentines Day gift: Eric put Marlowe to bed while I went out for a few drinks with some friends! :) I asked a few of my single lady friends if they wanted to meet up for a drink... (I know I'm not single, whatever, it was fun) &it was so nice! We had a drink at the wine bar and then headed a few doors down to another bar where some of us had beer and while some drank sangria. I love these ladies. I am so lucky to have found their friendships here in Lake Worth. They are all seriously the most wonderful people. 
P1110171
P1110172
P1110180
P1110191
We can pretend this is a bottle containing *muy picante* Valentines Day... instead of Valentina Hot Sauce.
P1110186
P1110185
"This is my F you face". Sweet, thanks Anita. 
P1110194
P1110200


An example of why I didn't need a big fancy elaborate Valentine's Day from Eric:
100MEDIA95IMAG0086
I get picture messages like this sent to my phone... just because :)

Don't forget to show us some love by voting HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment