Sunday, February 27, 2011

Have A Heart, Buy A Lung.

Have A Heart, Buy A Lung
P1120376

I don't know if you guys remember the tiny set of lungs I made for my friend Kristine's birthday a while ago... but the whole thing got me thinking: The idea of a lung transplant is crazy to me. Kristine recieved a double lung tansplant-- not just one new lung, but TWO whole new lungs transplanted for her survival. A transplant is one of the most amazing things one person could receive. I really don't know how else to describe it-- it's beyond crazy-- mind boggling. Truth is, I never really thought about it much before sewing up those little lungs for her. I really really enjoyed making them, but I've been wanting to take it a step further, so I stitched up a few more pairs and made some other lung related crafts to sell on Etsy. I am donating 30% of any lung related item sold to The Lung Transplant Foundation. So far, I've listed a few items--- 4 to be exact (but one was already sold-- yay!). I have a few more items to list-- some lung related.. and some not. Buy a pair for yourself, a friend, a family member, or send a hint to someone who needs to quit smoking :)  Lung transplant or not-- these little lungs are cute-- and the best part is being able to help out with an amazing cause. Think about it. Spread the word: I'm posting more soon!

I've posted a new etsy link to the right over there --->
I'm trying to simplify and clean up my little space right now (the ocd is taking over) to make room for a few very special guests coming to ohdeardrea next week!

Also, we've hit 200 followers (yay!)-- which means it's time for another handmade giveaway sometime very soon! Actually, we'll most likely have a few giveaways this month :)

We've had a very busy and very hot (too hot) weekend here. Lake Worth Street Painting Festival is going on right outside my door and Marlowe and I are slightly trapped. They've been blocking off the streets since friday. My car has not moved-- I have a prime parking spot (in front of my house). There is even valet parking 100 feet away-- craziness. I can't wait to see the finished pieces later today! I hope you are all having a lovely, sunny, and less sweaty weekend!

&&&Thanks for your support and lovely words guys! Miss Marlowe Paloma sends a big thank you and a big wet slobbery kiss for all the wonderful birthday comments you left her :) Sooo sweet! Thank you<3

No comments:

Post a Comment