Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy Bee 005

(I apologise for the quality. I have really shakey hands so I can't take photos without something to lean out/a tripod!)

Achieving my goals!
 It's been quite a productive week for me! I started the week by sending off my article on Crohn's Disease to a journalist with the local paper. I'm not really expecting it to get published. It was more about the experience for me and getting back into the swing of writing things away from the blog. It also helped me to cross off another goal! I also managed to get my EBAY things sorted so let's hope I'm able to cross of my 'sell things on EBAY' goal soon! I was an EBAY virgin so this helped me to work towards my 'try new things' goal. I also managed to get one early night this week. Although, it really didn't make me feel any better and actually gave me a worse nights sleep than usual :/ Go figure! I pulled at the purse strings and finally bought a 16-25 railcard! That's another goal met and crossed off. I also organised a South West bloggers meet up so come June I'll be able to cross of my 'meet another blogger' goal! I'm proud of this weeks productivity.

Go buy my clothes, jewellery, bags and books!
I'm struggling for money at the moment and with no jobs starting until mid March I felt it was time to have a rummage and see what I could sell on Ebay! You can have a look at what I've got on offer HERE. I've got owl jewellery, Hello Kitty clothing, Topshop, tartan, floral and studs as well as many other things. Every little penny certainly counts! It'll all go to the savings fund for my future and the flat. It's very much appreciated so why not go grab yourself a bargain?! Everything starts at 99p. Thanks. I'll also be willing to add worldwide prices ;)

Posts I've loved and loathed...
I stumbled across this absolutely disgusting article the other day entitled 'A Beginners Guide To Drugs for Girls'. I was absolutely sickened by it. Don't get me wrong, it usually takes a lot to offend me but this piece with its advice 'not to go over three pills' was just wrong and insensitive. Read it for yourself HERE. It wasn't funny. I don't care if that was its intentions.

On a completely different note, the gorgeous Gem posted about her turbulent relationship with her father HERE. It was something that really hit home for me and I got a lot of 'comfort' out of it knowing that I wasn't alone. She articulated herself perfectly and once again didn't fail to illustrate how amazing and brave she really is. She's an inspiration to me. 

Another post that really got me thinking was the lovely Lauren's.  It really spoke volumes. It also covered a lot of the things I'd been thinking about recently. Furthermore, go check out her new layout and gorgeous blog illustrations. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see what she's going to post about next (: It's inspirational to see a blogger trying to break out and stay true to themselves.



My week in posts;
It's been a very busy week over here! Scroll over the sentences to get a link over to each post! In true 'vivatramp' style, I started the week off by exploring more things that put a smile on my face. Tuesday saw a brief introduction of my new Wednesday feature 'What If'. Week one saw me exploring where I'd go if I were to take an extravagant tour around the world. Thursday saw me break some exciting news about the South West blogger meet up! Lyzi and I have had lots of interest - it's gunna be fun to organise! Haha. If you have any ideas on what the itinerary should include or wish to help with the organisation please feel free to email us (: As always, Friday saw another week in photos. This weeks offering depicting money counting, Ebaying and eggs! I also professed my love for the boy on our 1st anniversary yesterday. Phew, what a busy week of posts!

This weekend;
 Admittedly, this is a scheduled post because as you read this I'll be enduring a car journey with my father, stepmum, boyfriend, 2 younger sisters and younger brother. Doesn't that just sound like a complete nightmare?! This Saturday was spent at my cousin's wedding at a very posh hotel. However, Saturday was also mine and Luke's first anniversary! Obviously, I'll fill you all in about my weekend next week. I hope you've all had an awesome weekend. See you tomorrow for 'H is for Happy'. P.S I hope you like the new sort of titled layout for this post...Is it something worth keeping?

Quick mention...
A very big get well soon to my younger (step)brother who was in a little car accident the other day. He has to wear an eye patch for a while but thankfully he's relatively okay. I'm so thankful for that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment