Saturday, February 12, 2011

and they call it puppy love...aka pass the sick bucket!



(awkward pose from our 'first date' in Stratford feb '10 / an embarassing photo of us on the last day of 6th form may '10 / year 13 prom highlighting our slightly height different with 4inch heels june '10 / on our travels in Camden jan '11)


Saturday 12th February is mine and Luke's first anniversary. We've known each other for many years prior to our relationship but (thankfully) a year ago we decided to make it more than 'just friends'. I know what you're thinking, 'Oh god Bee is on her lovey dovey soapbox again...someone pass the sick bucket'. Haha, rightly so! I just wanted to take our anniversary as a time to just reflect on how much this relationship has given me. 


Sometimes, I cannot believe that I've been lucky enough to fall in love. Hell, I'm 18. Yes, it's probably my first proper relationship. Who cares?! I hate all that 'you're too young to know how you feel' bullshit. This relationship gave me the chance to feel happy, to not be scared, to trust, to love one myself as well as another and most importantly...it has given me hope.


We've managed to accompolish so much together within this year. We've seen Berlin, Stratford, Cornwall and London together. We've got through my diagnosis together and he held me through the 'cold turkey' times. We've shared stories and laughed at each others idiocy. We've been proud of each other's achievements. We've drank far too much. We've lived.

The story of how we got together is quite amusing to others. We'd vaguely known of each others existence because we'd been in the same subjects for five years. However, if you'd pointed him out in my year 11 English class and told me I'd live with him in a matter of years I would've thought you were mental!  We started to get closer thanks to Sixth Form and eventually, after a very drunken night, we got together. The night we 'got together' we were both hideously drunk at an eighteenth. He basically got them to play 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol then lay on the dancefloor serenading me trying to get me to 'lay with him and just forget the world' hahaa! This swayed the drunken tart that I am so he decided to illustrate his elation by clearing the hedge out the front of the pub. I say 'clearing'...he cleared it alright but landed on his head. Cue emergency trip to a & e. To cut a long story short he ended up swallowing his tongue and passing out so I had to scoop it out with my hand and get him conscious again. Who said romance is dead?! He's a keeper, right?!


This year holds so much in store for us. We'll be living together, going to university together, exploring Corfu and attending weddings. I can't tell you enough how excited I am /lucky I feel to be able to explore new opportunities with someone I love by my side. Of course, I'm still going to be the fierce feminist independent woman that I once was...but I'll no longer come across as a raging lesbian contrary to my mother's old thoughts.


That's all I shall say on this matter as I don't want to sicken you all. All I know is, he's made me so happy this past year and I hope I'll have another billion reasons to feel happy in the future. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and I'll see you tomorrow for 'Busy Bee'.

No comments:

Post a Comment