I'm back! The surgery was much harder than I imagined it would be. I had a very very hard time keeping my eyes straight to focus on the light. What can I say, I have extremely sensitive eyes... I mean, that is why I wanted to get the procedure done in the first place. Well, one of MANY reasons. After the procedure I even heard one of the nurses in the hallway say "She has really light eyes, She is going to have a REALLY hard time". I'm pretty upset I didn't bring my camera. People were able to watch outside the glass and there was even a camera focused close-up on my eye as they did the procedure. I would have loved to have pictures of it! Oh well, next time (ha ha). My mom was there to take care of Marlowe while I got it done and my dad came for moral support which was really nice of him. I did have pretty high anxiety while laying on the operating chair, even after the anxiety medication they gave me. I'm really not good in claustrophobic situations. I could hardly open my eyes when it was all over with. It was painful. I went home to take a nap and woke up with still very sensitive eyes. I had to wear sunglasses inside-- at night. And just as I suspected: it was a terribly boring night. I was home alone, unable to be on my computer or read a book or anything. Once Marlowe was asleep I was bored out of my mind sitting on my bed with nothing to do. But I mean, I can't really bitch, after all it was one night out of my life.... and now for the rest of my life (or at least until I'm much older) I will have great vision! I woke up the morning with 20/15 vision. Incredible. Everything is still a bit hazy and all the lights have halos on them... especially at night, but that will all clear up over time. I also got left with these pretty ridiculous red spots which I am told will grow before they shrink. Meh, temporary details. I woke up early yesterday morning to drive to my post-op appointment and I felt incredible. Everything was so crisp and clear. I wanted to drive with the windows open enjoy the air and clear sky! It sounds cheesy, but I don't care. It really was an incredible feeling. I'm so lucky and grateful for the generous gift my dad gave me.


After my 8AM eye appointment I wanted to spend the rest of the day outside so Eric and I took a stroll with Marlowe and the pups to Starbucks. We then wandered east and found ourselves at a plant and tree sale where we ran into pretty little Ebba and her pretty mama, Christine. We strolled around town before heading back to my place. I made a chickpea salad on toast while Eric played with Marlowe and her new pea-pod.
Second cutest baby on earth. (Marlowe has to come first, she is mine, after all)
.

Later that day my mom and I ran some errands. We went to whole foods where I stocked up on food and bought some homeopathic teething remedies to try. We later came home to make some dinner of mac and cheese and a roasted root vegetable and arugula salad. The most exciting thing about last night was Marlowe sleeping in her crib until 6 in the morning with only one feeding in between! Yay :)
Today has been a beautiful sunny day as well. We headed again to Starbucks. This time we met up with Anita and Tina. Now I am cleaning up around the house, blogging, and hanging with Babycakes and pups for the afternoon.
Eric wore Marlowe in the sling which was a very nice break on my back :) I'm sure Marlowe enjoyed the view from being an extra foot taller.
Tonight Eric and I will be attending Danielles birthday dinner while my momma babysits! It should be a fun evening. I will be bringing Danielle a huge barrel of pickles as a birthday gift. Ha :)
No comments:
Post a Comment