Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Floor Bed

P1210739
P1210729
I've been trying this out the past few days. Yep, my room as become one giant bed. Naps have been getting a little better.... &night time... well... not so much. I ended up on the floor bed last night with a baby that was up for most of the night. The two nights prior it went pretty well. It's easy to get her down to sleep... it is just that once she wakes up I have to decide to make the difficult effort to keep her on the floor bed or bring her in my bed. And after a very long day by myself, with zero breaks, it seems near impossible to fight the solo bed battle. I always lose and end up with a baby on top of my arm tucked under my chin. I'm doing what I can to stick with no more night feedings and only allow feedings after 5:30 AM (or preferably once the sun is up), but again, sometimes I just don't have the energy.
I'm finding that besides my lack of energy, the main problem with keeping her asleep in her own bed is her constant amount of moving and sitting up in her sleep. Every few minutes to every hour she sits up in a daze and falls back over. This is fine... until she falls over against the wall.... or off the mattress. This floor bed is practically a queen size mattress and she still manages to roll on the floor. I am the most still sleeper I've ever met, so to see this much movement is quite ridiculous to me... but she is a baby... and she is ridiculous.
My main goal here is to get her accustomed to her mattress... and not mine. To have her feel secure enough to sleep in her own bed, knowing: I'm right here if she needs me. &Eventually... (hopefully sooner rather than later) move her into her own space (again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment