Saturday, August 20, 2011

Diet Water - Apologies, Breakfast, Eggs, & A Bread Obsession

Posts have been lacking. With traveling, and everything else going out these posts have been taking a back seat. I have a few posts planned, but they take more time and energy than is available. Food around here has been ridiculous lately. I can't even tell you the amount of calories I've been taking in, it's been a lot, and I am forever grateful that it doesn't show. Marlowe and I have been eating through our food reserves like it's nobodies business. These posts will pick up again soon.

I found THIS blog recently (via bleubird vintage), and I am in love. I am not a huge breakfast eater myself, nine our of ten times I am eating leftovers from the night before, but regardless, this blog is amazing.




I'm dying over this image. I've had an egg craving for over a month now. The vegan in me is torn and confused. Even while a vegetarian, I had a hard time eating eggs. As an ingredient? I was happy and fine. As the star of a meal? Not so much. I've been asked many times about my thoughts and feelings on eggs... my answer is the same. I don't think it's a necessary part of my diet, considering I can find the nutrition an egg offers me elsewhere and I'd prefer to not have the cholesterol. But.... if I had my own hens, I'd consider eating them. I've been so tempted to give them a shot lately, but the better part of me knows that I would sit with a beautiful plate of eggs in front of me and cringe at the thought of digesting it.  We'll see what happens, but for now I should probably avoid beautiful images like these... because they certainly don't help my battle.

While scrolling through pages of simply breakfast, I found this video: 
It put such a huge smile on my face. It's no secret between friends and family that I am overly obsessed with good bread. I love the bread itself and the time and work that goes into it. It's a beautiful thing. I'm slowly working on my fear of dough.... one day it will happen. It needs to happen, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to make (really good fantastic delicious) bread.  

Speaking of bread, I have some stale bread leftover. I think this calls for some bread soup tonight! 
P1160652
recipe: HERE

Happy Weekend everyone! 

ps. while writing this post (after I had already titled it and everything) I got a phone call:
- "what are you doing?"
- "blogging"
- "about what?"
- "bread"
- "and your obsession with it?"
- "yes actually!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment