Sunday, July 24, 2011

snap happy #26: my week in photos


{dress; primark. waterfall cardi; new look. necklace; accessorize. odd pose; models own}

Pissing about with a camera | A pretty little moth that decided to terrorise our bathroom for a few hours | My best friend modelling the super cool PVC chairs | I can't imagine the amount of raindrops that have fallen this week all over the UK | Being an epic failure at life and falling off a space hopper and into the road. Not my finest moment! | Crappy blurred snap of my Stepdad's Spiderman birthday cake | My best friends and I like to go to department stores and take advantage of the massage chairsI haz rabbit ears | My gorgeous man. I cannot explain how much I love him! | A little outfit for you

Corr, look at that! I thought I'd include a little teaser of an outfit post for you. People are always asking if I'll ever document what I wear so I thought I'd give it a go to the best of my ability. It doesn't help when you don't have anywhere light enough to take a full snap! That's a pretty standard collaboration for me; you can't go wrong with a dress and cardi combo. I've been focusing on getting back into the swing of things this week. Thankfully, the crap British weather meant that I was smacked back down to reality pretty fast so it didn't take much effort on my part! This weekend has been filled with quality boyfriend time, family movie nights, picking up bargains from the car boot and snack eating.

Whilst this has all been lovely, it's all been overshadowed by the horrific news that's been plastered all over the tv screens this weekend. So many innocent lives taken away by a disgusting other. One very lonely confused soul lost forever. I cannot comprehend the hurt being felt by those affected in Norway right now. It's terrible to see how one person can just tick like that and inflict so much pain in such a small area to so many innocent people. The lives of the living, as well as the dead, have also been lost; some people never manage to rebuild their lives after experiencing such tragedy; that's perhaps one of the saddest thing of all.

On a different note, it amazes me how everyone seems to wack out the keyboard wars in times like this. I've read some of the most cold hearted comments this weekend and, if I'm honest, I got really fed up with it. None of us are saintly. We sail through life making mistakes and, fortunately, in some cases we learn from them. Addiction isn't something you can just recover from instantaneously and sadly, in turn, it sometimes pushes people to the limit. We aren't perfect and I think it's disgusting that so many people got up on their high horse and spoke such hideous words at a time of shock and upset. I am completely anti-drugs and have been affected by drug usage in the past so I in no way condone the lifestyle she led but I'm just simply having respect for her talent, her spirit and her overwhelming potential. I'd always hoped Amy would rise above it all and come out on top showcasing her unbelievable talent once more. It's a shame that never got to happen. I just hope her demons have been laid to rest now and that her legacy and talent lasts.

Once again, I have no idea what the coming week has in store for me. It'll more than likely involve trying to sell my things because I have no money and no real chance of employment as I'm moving pretty soon. What should I do? Ebay or blog sale? I hope you have a relaxing end to your week. I'm off to spend the day with the Sunday Times supplements and my Father. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment