Friday, July 22, 2011

my life in lists #4: favourite things to do on a rainy day


1. engross myself in a good book
2. bake cakes and eat them whilst they're still warm
3. wear mother's/grandma's jumpers
4. pour a hot bath for myself and refuse to get out until i'm wrinkly
5. eat thick comforting soup
6. watch marathons of embarrassing tv shows
7. fashion a hot water bottle out of my cat (minus the hot water, obvs)
8. dance in the living room mirror to the music channels sad act
9. put blankets in the tumble dryer and snuggle in them until they get cold again
10. drink copious cups of tea
11. write a whole load of lists
12. journal various things
13. get all nostalgic and hunt down the photo albums
14. re-acquaint myself with old guilty pleasures
15. perform old dance routines to things like steps, n*sync, backstreet boys, 5ive etc sadville
16. doodle on anything i can get my hands on
17. write short bits of prose
18. sing my heart out in the bathroom *love the acoustics!
19. share anecdotes with loved ones
20. watch the rain from my window
21. take a nap covered completely in my double duvet
22. tidy my possessions
23. settle down with a good selection of dvds and snacks
24. raid the cupboards for food
25. have a mega re-blogging session
26. unplug myself from technology completely and just lay down quietly
27. shoot the living shit out of zombies
28. plan for the future
29. read a shed load of blogs
30. play BOGGLE!
31. put together scrapbooks/photo albums
32. listen to beautiful albums
33. eat comfort food
34. compile my bucket list
35. drive my mother completely insane with pranks/banter
36. have a beauty/pamper session with my sister
37. prank call people whilst shamelessly laughing down the phone at my own stupidity
38. people watch from the comfort of a nice café
39. sit around a hot fire toasting marshmallows
40. snuggle up to my boyfriend BARF!

• 

British summertime is, quite frankly, a bit of a half-hearted joke. Having said that, I'm quite enjoying the faux winter atmosphere. Cups of tea, solemn playlists and heavy duvets work wonders for the heart. I also think that there's nothing better than listening to the heavy rain from the comfort of indoors. Some people struggle to keep themselves busy when restricted by the weather but for some reason it just seems to inspire me further. With this in mind, I thought I'd dedicate this week's list to my favourite things to do on a rainy day. I hope you enjoy! What sort of things do you like to do when the rain hits? Naked sprinting, perhaps?!

I'm not entirely sure what today holds for me as of yet but I can pretty much guarantee it'll involve reading my book and drinking hot drinks. I had a nice catch up with my best friends today which ended up with us taking naps on the display beds in the local department store. I came home to find my mother as pissed as a fart bouncing around on my stepdad's new space hopper. She managed to hop her way into an ant's nest, fall over and graze her arm. From the amount of moaning she did you'd have thought she'd have broken a few limbs. I have video evidence of her antics that I am now using to blackmail my mother with. Ha, evil genius! I'm off to go and relax and do some serious planning. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment