Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pictures Of Recently Enjoyed Things

eThank you for all the kind words regarding my last post. My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning.  It's hard knowing a loved one is suffering. So, it's sad to have him pass, but its calming to know he isn't in any more pain. We aren't really having a funeral for him, but more of a small "celebration of life". I've been keeping pretty busy around here--- I mean, life is always busy with Marlowe around, but all the extra things going on around us help. Its nice to keep focused on all the amazing positive little things and people around. Also, Marlowe is currently standing and turning around to wave---- this helps too, a lot.

P1180835
Backyard tomatoes picked right off the plant.
DSCF9039
DSCF9016
Swimming lessons.
mama's suit: modcloth
baby's suit: c/o boden
P1180771
Big kid status.
P1180842
My mom is in town--- as a bonus, with her mom-- from Colombia. 
P1180761
Sudden downpour making sure every single one of her cloth diapers was unusable. Ok, so many it's not the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it's a good reminder that little things happen--- &it's okay.
P1180815
Mangos dropping like flies in my backyard. I can't keep up.
P1180825
I decided I wanted to start canning. So I did. I made a huge batch of mango chutney from THIS recipe, then bought cans, then canned. I thought I had failed &the process hadn't worked, but it totally did. All the lids suctioned into place. Go me. Tada-- jars and jars of mango chutney.
P1180806
Attempts to stand. 
P1180802
A TV free home once again. I love this. I hated it &never used it. BEFORE. Goodbye black box. Also, painted shelves for Marlowe's records. So much better isn't it? Also, little tiny books placed in front of bigger books and records to help distract a little one.

Not so enjoyable:
P1180784
Look closely top of the fence to the left.
Two possums decided my porch was their new chill zone. Baby + two possums = sleepless nights.

Other enjoyable things: mango ice cream. helping Eric (a tiny bit) around his shop. Eric, in general. wine and board games with friends (last night). my dad decided he no longer wants to call me--- and will only Face Time me. an organized desk. My grandma (mom's mom) telling me stories of the people crowding her space on the plane--- in spanish-- no english, of course. &so many high fives from Marlowe.

Also, check out my interview for the really awesome blog: milk-friendly. There's not many things better than boobs. 


Also:
grandpa and grandma
grandparents.
love them and miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment