I've realized last night: I need more 'me' time. Even if it's just a little bit of time every few days, it needs to happen. I'm not going to make it if I keep going on like this. Someway/somehow I need to find a way to take a break and just breath. How? I'm not sure. With a baby that doesn't sleep and without any extra milk, it seems pretty impossible, but I need to find a way to give these arms a break and my mind some rest. 'Me time' tips welcome and appreciated.
This weekend in a desperate attempt to attain some baby-free time I headed to my friend Anita and Jamie's upstairs/downstairs party with Michelle and Eric. I had half a bottle of milk leftover from mediation time that was about to expire. It needed to be used or thrown away--- that bottle traveled all the way to Atlanta and all the way back, so throwing it out would have been very very sad. Any extra milk is like gold at this point. It helped that Michelle only lives a few blocks north on my street and Anita and Jamie only live 2 houses north of her. If Marlowe uses all the milk and still needs more I can just walk back and forth. Anyway, it went fine, I guess. Marlowe had enough milk and Eric, Michelle, and I left the party early anyway. Even though it was good to get out of the house and chat with familiar faces it wasn't much of a break. I still went to bed the time I usually do, and Marlowe still woke up 4 times that night, like every other night. Anyway, before I keep rambling.... here are a few photos from the night:
One really nice break this weekend:
This weekend in a desperate attempt to attain some baby-free time I headed to my friend Anita and Jamie's upstairs/downstairs party with Michelle and Eric. I had half a bottle of milk leftover from mediation time that was about to expire. It needed to be used or thrown away--- that bottle traveled all the way to Atlanta and all the way back, so throwing it out would have been very very sad. Any extra milk is like gold at this point. It helped that Michelle only lives a few blocks north on my street and Anita and Jamie only live 2 houses north of her. If Marlowe uses all the milk and still needs more I can just walk back and forth. Anyway, it went fine, I guess. Marlowe had enough milk and Eric, Michelle, and I left the party early anyway. Even though it was good to get out of the house and chat with familiar faces it wasn't much of a break. I still went to bed the time I usually do, and Marlowe still woke up 4 times that night, like every other night. Anyway, before I keep rambling.... here are a few photos from the night:
One really nice break this weekend:
An incredibly good looking stack of vegan pumpkin pancakes made by Michelle.
She came over the following morning with a huge bowl of batter and made breakfast. Luckily, Eric came by to join in on the pancake overload. nom.
No comments:
Post a Comment