Friday, May 20, 2011

things i like about summer


Hello happy campers. I'm currently just chilling out at Luke's enjoying his company, sipping down delightful Tomato and Basil soup and thinking ahead to all the things we have planned. I'm now back on a three month stint of steroids so I should be ship shape in no time. Contrary to popular belief, steroids don't really turn me into a beefcake, so if you had visions of me with a beard and bulging bicep combo I'm sorry to disappoint. I'm rather looking forward to this evening as I'm going for dinner with my Grandma - my other Grandma this time...I just seem to be a complete Granny magnet at the moment! It should be really lovely. Although, I'm having one of those indecisive days so I hope it's not another sit-and-read-the-menu-a-billion-times-and-still-be-annoyed-at-what-you've-picked evenings! What are you up to this weekend? Anything interesting?

I've been re-blogging a lot of summery pics lately over at my Tumblr. It's been getting me super excited for my first taste of Greece in 7 weeks and it's also been putting a huge grin on my face. Everything just seems a whole lot more inspiring in the summer months. Am I right? I felt inspired by the gorgeous Michelle to create a little post over here to discuss the summer months and what they have on offer to me. Go and read her post - it was lovely! I've included a few little summery snaps because I thought they would help to set the scene! As I'm at Luke's I had to rely on Facebook for summery photos - hence some of the most painfully awful photos in the world. Ah well, summer is about embarrassment too! I've decided to tell my story/loves of Summer through a few of the different senses because I believe summer welcomes a whole load of goodness for them all. Here's what I hope this year's sensory summer involves for me:

the sights & sounds; 
tranquil bays / contented seas against my skin / lemon trees / harry potter on the big screen / floral fields / sun kissed tans / Best Coast / Luke buried in the sand / she & him / floral window displays / perfect fluffy clouds / countless people lazing around guilt-free / happy little songs on the radio / greek madness / beautiful men in budgie smugglers (what?!) / balcony views / the sounds of bob marley / beach bodies / freckled noses / bicycle tyres on gravel pathways / old school hip hop


the smells & tastes; 
ice cold lemonade & lime / bbq'd meats / flowers in bloom / ice cream van delights / fresh sun cream / sweet fresh fruit cocktails / smoked salmon suppers / mish mash pasta dishes / crunchy corn on the cobs / chilled Purple Rain pitchers during sunset / no fuss seafood / a cheeky peach schnapps at lunchtime / perfume / skewered chicken & pepper kebabs / freshly cut grass


the loves;
canary yellow / polka dot bikinis / mint coloured nails / corals / bracelet adorned wrists / big sunglasses collections / a book a day by the sea / sand between my tootsies / the warm summer breeze through the car window / bold colours / bare feet / birthday celebrations / living in my glads / going strapless / wavy beach hair / gluttonous picnics


No comments:

Post a Comment