Have you heard of Skakeistan? I watched the video months ago and thought it was such a great idea/organization to benefit the youth of Afghanistan. Well, recently, I found out my amazing friend Morgan had applied and landed a volunteer position as an art and skateboarding instructor for Skateistan!
Morgan really is awesome. I can't say enough good things about her. She is going to rock that teaching position-- seriously, she's perfect for it. She is extremely creative and is going to be a great role model for any young women who encounters her.
She needs a bit of help with some of the funding and is selling prints of hers to gather some extra cash--- along with setting up a donation button on her tumblr---- if you've got a bit to give--- even a dollar it would be great. Every little bit helps :)
Morgan really is awesome. I can't say enough good things about her. She is going to rock that teaching position-- seriously, she's perfect for it. She is extremely creative and is going to be a great role model for any young women who encounters her.
She needs a bit of help with some of the funding and is selling prints of hers to gather some extra cash--- along with setting up a donation button on her tumblr---- if you've got a bit to give--- even a dollar it would be great. Every little bit helps :)
---------------------
Marlowe has been teething like crazy and not a fan of going to bed, but we are slowly working on it together--- along with the help of Eric :) (I know you guys have been messaging/tweeting to me about how great he is with Marlowe and I-- don't worry he's still around and fantastic!) Marlowe still refuses to sleep before 1 am, but I'm getting used to it and it's getting easier. Also, my mom is in town &last night I was finally to get a much needed night out with my lady friends. Turns out if you put a few drinks in Michelle she goes a bit camera nuts.... she took a million pictures last night (mostly of herself-- hahaha) which I will be posting later. It was a blast :)
I don't have too much planned this weekend... maybe pool or beach time and helping Eric set up his new business :) What are you guys up to? Hopefully some good stuff! Happy weekending :)
No comments:
Post a Comment