one) I sometimes feel like I'm two different people
I've always felt like there's two different personalities fighting for attention. There's Bee, fun loving laugh-a-minute party-goer who has no care for worrying and negativity. She simply sees life as one huge opportunity for fun, different experiences and love. There's Rebecca, the one who will sit at home until she's forced across the threshold; the one who will drink all your tea; the one who worries about too many things and is afraid of too much. They rarely meet in the middle. I am usually one or the other and I flit between these characters in a sporadic fashion. I never know who I'll wake up as. Kinda strange, huh?!
two) I wish I was paid to explore the world and experience everything
When you're diagnosed with an illness, regardless of whether or not it's terminal, you get a sense of being. A sense of living. I've got a serious case of wanderlust lately and it's kinda made me realise where I want to go in life. I want to see new things, meet new people and try new cuisines. I want to hear a foreign tongue and immerse myself in the culture. Ideally, I would love to be paid to have my own documentary series of my travels and experiences. A documentary accompanied by a book, obviously. That would just be my idea of a perfect occupation. I want to feel. I want to explore. I want to be anywhere but here! Sylvia Plath puts my point so perfectly:'I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want
and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want.
And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations
of mental and physical experience possible in life.'
three) I go by many names
Everyone calls me by different things so I'm sometimes horrendously unresponsive without meaning to be. I'm not sure how I picked up some of my nicknames whereas some are obvious because they're variations of my full first name 'Rebecca'. I'm probably most likely to answer to Bee or Bekz so if you ever need to shout for my attention - those are the handles to use ;) If I get called 'REBEECCCCAAAAA' I know I should shit my pants and run. My names include; Rebecca • Bee • Bekz • Boo • vivatramp • Beck • Poppet
Stevenson • Falcon • Big Cub • Nude Shimmer • Jessica Dimwell (don't ask)
four) I don't think I could live with a red leopard print cardi-less wardrobe
That H & M red leopard print cardi is one of my best purchases ever! If there was ever a way to describe your personality through an item of clothing...this baby would be it. She's loud. She's fun. She's comforting. It was initially my sister's but we both decided it looked better on me. I stole it from her wardrobe. My friends and family even say that this is the item of clothing they all remember me for. That can only be a good thing, right?! Do you have an item of clothing that you will never bin? I've had her for years and she ain't going nowhere!five) I pretty much used every possible excuse to get out of P.E at school
I'm surprised the school nurse didn't get involved cause I swear to god I told the P.E department I was on my period for weeks in a row. I hate sport so much. It's always just been one big embarrassment for me. I have these long legs but they're so crap at anything athletic. I think OAP's can run faster than me. I just hated the thought of embarrassing myself on the field so I came up with elaborate excuses. One week I couldn't find my inhaler; one week I had a sprained ankle; one week I felt faint; one week I had a suspected jungle disease. I wept tears of joy at my last P.E lesson. Good frickin' riddance!•••
I've been loving;
copious bowls of tomato soup • the countdown to Luke coming home • my bed! • many an episode of river cottage • baguettes • fresh air • soft fabrics • sleep • good health • the fact that my hol is 2 months today! • preparing for the future •
•••





No comments:
Post a Comment