Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'll follow you into the dark....


I've had such a lovely day today. I just wanted to thank all of you who left kind messages and thoughts yesterday. It rather comforted me! Here's a few snaps I took today whilst we were at the cemetery. They don't fully capture the beauty and tranquility but trust me - it was lovely. The birds were singing in the tall trees at the side of the footpath and two little bunnies hopped out of the woodland to say hello. I even saw my two little robins sweeping along the trees. It's safe to say I feel comforted. Mamabear and I were joking about our terrible floral arrangements - I'm sure they've learnt to love us for other skills! It feels weird to say at this young age that I know where I want to be put to rest but I honestly do. I couldn't think of anywhere else in the world I'd rather be than in that little cemetery in the countryside. My Grandad actually campaigned when he was mayor of the town for this cemetery and he even built the little wall outside so it's really apt for him to be gracing the cemetery in death. I haven't shed tears today - even when I was completing my student finance form! I'm now off for a quick shower before packing my bags and leaving for Luke's for the weekend. I cannot wait. I'll be back tomorrow for another 'Snap Happy' post. Until then, keep smiling ;)

'If there's no one beside you, 
when your soul embarks...
then I'll follow you into the dark'

No comments:

Post a Comment