I've been busy busy making mobiles &I thought I'd share an easy 'how to' for one of my newest little guys :)
Supplies: Felt, embroidery thread for stitching, several cut pieces of embroidery threads in different colors and lengths, scissors, needle, stuffing.
Step 1: Cut felt to shape your jellyfish. A pac man ghost looking friend should be good. Tie a knot at one end of threaded needle and pull through the corner of one side.
Step 2: Match the other piece of felt to the back, hiding the knot in between.
Step 3: Overcast stitch up and around jellyfish coming back to the bottom. Once at bottom do not pull thread all the way through.
Step 4: Take two pieces of embroidery thread (whatever length and colors you prefer) and tie a knot in loop.
Step 5: Pull needle and thread bringing the knot tight to the bottom of the jellyfish body.
Step 6: Repeat over &over again along bottom. Be careful not to tangle strings.
Step 7: Once you are about 75% along the bottom, fill jellyfish body with stuffing.
Step 8: Continue stitching and adding 'tentacles'. Once at the end: tie a knot leaving the thread to dangle. Cut off excess. Tada!
Step 9: Bring friends.
Ps. Another (double) birth! Congratulations Rachael! Those are two very lucky little girls! I hope you ladies are resting up and all your little men (and the big one too) are taking care of their mama and sisters!
No comments:
Post a Comment