My mom has been itching to buy something nice for Marlowe. Just ITCHING-- since christmas-- She was planning on buying Marlowe a nice stroller but I kept saying 'wait wait wait'. I needed to find the perfect one and since little babycakes is always in the baby carrier anyway it felt a bit unnecessary to rush into a big investment like a stroller. And I was actually given a pretty nice used stroller around Christmas time that I have yet to clean up and even use... I figure if I need a stroller bad enough I can clean that one up. I digress... back to the point: because of me, my mom never got Marlowe a Christmas gift and she has not been to happy about it. Well, yesterday while antiquing/thrifting I found the perfect gift for my mom to give to Marlowe: A dollhouse. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined wanting a dollhouse for Marlowe. I was the one who refused pink items at my babyshower and cried when I found out I wasn't having a boy, but here I am lusting over this antique dollhouse. I know it will be years before Marlowe can actually use it, but it's incredibly lovely. I'm happy it is in our home. Now I will be waiting for Marlowe to really enjoy it and be old enough to not want to break or eat the pieces. I'm sure my mom can't wait to play house with Marlowe either :)
The house itself was a great find at only 20$. It was all the tiny pieces inside that really started adding up. I got more pieces than necessary, some original to the house-- some not. Ah, I'm so pleased with it! I've been doing some internet searching and it appears to be from 1966. I can't wait to add some more pieces and details to make it even cuter. I couldn't turn down the outdoor furniture.... and the sauna. Yes... a sauna:
The house itself was a great find at only 20$. It was all the tiny pieces inside that really started adding up. I got more pieces than necessary, some original to the house-- some not. Ah, I'm so pleased with it! I've been doing some internet searching and it appears to be from 1966. I can't wait to add some more pieces and details to make it even cuter. I couldn't turn down the outdoor furniture.... and the sauna. Yes... a sauna:
Living in style.
I've been trying to get Eric to take my TV for his house for a while now... and now that the dollhouse is here, he really really is going to have to take it. *HINT* :) I have yet to actually turn on my TV and the dollhouse is much better suited for my shelf! Ah! I love it.
PS: I've received a few comments in recent posts about my ability to go walks without the snow standing in my way, like it is for much of you... well, I feel you guys! I grew up in Massachusetts and dealt with A LOT of snow! But don't worry, when it's beautiful and sunny where you guys are I will be sweating and miserable in the Florida summer heat :)
Another PS: Thank you for all the lovely comments about my home! My ottomans (ottomen?) in the last post were purchased from Homegoods. It was one of those *walk into the store as it opens and grab before anyone else does* situations. I have yet to see another set in the store since then! I would like to do a house tour like some of my readers have mentioned, but the truth it, you guys have pretty much seen my whole house! It's tiny! There's not much else to it other than a bathroom :)
I'm not sure if this is even necessary anymore, but if you'd like to vote for us it's still very much appreciated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment