Before I get started I'd just like to say a couple thank you's. 1) I'd like to say a huge thank you to all you lovely people who have given me suggestions with regards to my London trip. I was so clueless beforehand but now I feel like I can tackle writing an itinerary. Ugh yeah, I'm slightly too organised. If you have any advice please leave it here. I'm not going til early January so I'll be taking suggestions up until then! 2) Thank you to all my lovely new followers. It wasn't very long ago that I reached 100. I cannot believe that so many people are interested in what I have to post about :/ I appreciate you all! Moving on, I hope you've all had a good week! I haven't really done much bar weeping, enduring the worst driving lesson of my life, getting far too excited about Harry Potter and watching copious amounts of River Cottage. Alas, I'm starting my new job next week :O Wish me luck! I'm really quite nervous :/ I hope you like this weeks favourites. For previous posts please feel free to go look at my features tab.
001; bold sunflower tunic from topshop
I've seen this little beauty on a couple of blogs now and instantly fell in like with it when I saw it whilst cheekily browsing the site for things I can't afford. (Sadly, this has become a regular occurrence...boo!). Like every other lady in the blogosphere I am a sucker for Peter Pan collars. However, I've always leant more towards prints rather than just block colour so I was rather chuffed when Topshop supplied my demand / catered for my needs. Although, I don't think I would wear this tunic at this time of year because it's just too pretty for the dreary backdrop of my seaside town. I'd definitely save it for a sunny summer day or a picnic with friends. I am also in love with this animal print peter pan collared dress. I think that one is a marmite dress - you'll either love it or you'll hate it! However, I think it'd look perfect teamed with opaque tights during this freezing cold winter season. What's your opinion on these printed Peter Pan collared dresses? Do you prefer them in a block colour?
002; heidi seeker winter woolies
In order to make this post shorter than a dissertation style essay I shall merely touch on the 'winter woolies' section of the site. I am in love with the majority of quirky / funky pieces on 'Heidi Seeker' and if I was a billionaire I would invest in so many of the delights they have on offer. Alas, I am skint so there's no such luck. Their winter woolies consist of pieces involving owls, moustaches, kitties, burgers and Minnie Mouse. Basically, what's not to love? However, I'm not quite sure if their ear muffs can tear me away from last years Accessorize Pablo Penguin ear muffs. Yes, I'm perfectly aware they're from the kids section but come on - their ear muffs are to die for! Go check out 'Heidi Seeker' if you love to stand out from the crowd. Are you a fan of quirky winter wear? 003; the end by ellie goulding
I was sorely disappointed when Ellie Goulding released her debut album earlier this year and it pains me to say that because she's such a lovely girl. I just felt that the whole thing sounded so over-produced and 'space age' compared to the beautiful folky acoustic vibes of her demos. This song, 'The End', was thankfully left off the album and not altered. The lyrics of this song are just beautiful and I think they're easy to relate to. Admittedly, I can't listen to it because it makes me weep so I'm just posting this and abstaining from clicking the play button through fear of a weep fest! Ellie has such a beautiful voice so it's no wonder she was picked up by BBC introducing and has made such an impact on the music world this year. However, I suggest you all give her demos a listen because in my opinion they're a million times better. Be sure to also check out 'Swimming Pool' which was editted rather a lot for the album version known as 'Hold My Breath'. You won't be disappointed. Do you hate it when acts edit their songs for the albums? Were you a Goulding fan before her album? What's your opinion? 004; out of print tees & save the words campaign
I'm a massive fan of all things Englishy (which is a clever disguise for my epic failure at anything mathematical) so when I came across these t-shirts I did a little squeal. 'Out of Print' t-shirts celebrate the literary world through the medium of fashion by teaming up with artists to emulate books onto tees. Their mission is to spread the joy of reading through fashion and if that wasn't enough incentive to purchase one for each t-shirt they sell they donate books to communities in Africa who aren't lucky enough to have access to libraries of books. They have some really cute designs for men, women and children alike so I recommend you go take a peek now! Secondly, I came across the 'Save the Words' campaign recently and found it so cute. The campaign aims to get people 'adopting' words in the English language that aren't extremely well known or well used in this day and age in order to get us talking more and embracing the beautiful language that we speak daily. Go and take a look at their website - you can learn so many interesting words from it that are brilliant to just drop into random conversations with your friends and family. (Trust me, it really confuses people!).
005; eagle vs. shark
I wanted to feature this movie simply because it's one of my go-to movies if I feel a little down. For those that haven't seen it, it basically follows an awkward love story between two hilariously lovely characters. I'm not very good at explanations so I'll let the above official trailer do the talking! The humour is not 'in your face' and that's what perhaps draws me to the story so much. It's silently hilarious. I suggest all you foolish suckas go out and get yourself a copy as it's pretty reasonable priced in most stores these days! Are you a fan?*& That's the end of that. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. What have you got planned? What do you think of this weeks 'Friday Favourites' picks?



No comments:
Post a Comment