Monday, March 26, 2012

Top 10 Spring/Summer Beauty Picks: Natural Collection, Korres, Essie, Models Own, Toni and Guy, L'oreal, Revlon, 17, Marc Jacobs

Hello ladies, apologies to the few gents who won't appreciate this post! Alternatively, stick around and get some inspiration for gifts to surprise your ladyfriend with...As the sun has decided to rear its yellowy head, I thought I'd share my top cheap high street/drug store beauty products for this season. I don't own any high end make-up; I'm quite humble and, to be honest, I believe that there are some great products out there that don't break the bank. Hopefully, you'll be able to grab a few bargains as a result of this post and make me feel less crap about my own spending issue. They're all in no particular order and I apologise for some of the photos - there's either too much sun or not enough! I was also in a bit of a hurry because we were in a public parky bit and I looked a tad strange; oh blogger woes!


1. Natural Collection blush in 'Peach Melba'
This is a holy grail blush product, in my humble opinion. It comes with a very small price tag and the packaging is back to basics but it's a staple in my daily routine and it's one of the few products that other people have picked up on. I get lots of compliments when I wear it and it makes me feel great. Despite its price, it's really nicely pigmented and doesn't feel too chalky once blended into the cheek. You need this in your Spring routine!




2. Korres Lip Butter in 'Quince'
I'm a little lip product mad, so I thought I'd include a range of different types of Spring/Summer lip to suit most tastes. Korres lip butters are particularly good for those that don't like the stickiness of a lipgloss or the heaviness of a lipstick in the summer heat. This balm is great for moisturising and for adding just a sweep of colour to the lips whilst also looking amazing swept over a lipstain.  These are great for an everyday wearable lip and they come in a range of different colours. Go check them out!





3. Essie in 'Mint Candy Apple'
I featured this in my 'Recent Purchases' post not long ago but I couldn't not include it in this post because it's the ideal minty hue for Spring. Lash on a couple of coats of this and you're good to go throughout the summer. I'll hopefully be rockin' this with a crackin' summer tan bit hopeful and some beachy waves. It's amazingly beautiful and I've already had people ask me what shade it is. If you're only planning on buying one shade for this summer, this should be it. 




4. Toni and Guy Texturised Salt Spray
I'm an absolute sucker for beachy waves so I'll be applying this spray to my freshly washed hair before scrunching and topknotting in order to get the nearest to a Californian beachy wave as possible. It's one of the few haircare products that I use so that must be saying something! This has worked for me and if you lack a perfect wave, it may work for you too. 



5. Marc Jacobs, 'Daisy Eau So Fresh'
I cannot stop smelling myself! I've worn this scent a couple of times already, naughty, and it's incredible. I'll be wearing this throughout the summer and I'm sure it'll evoke all manner of memories of sunshine and amazing company. I'm a massive fan of the original Daisy but this version is just as lovely and smells a little less acidic and a little more sophisticated. I adore it and it's well worth the price tag. You can read about the other perfumes in my collection here. 




6. L'oreal Caresse Rouge Lipstick in 'Dating Coral 301'
This is pretty much L'oreal's version of the Revlon Lip Butters. I'd swatched this a few times in the local Boots and eventually took the plunge and bought the bloody thing. It's my first coral shade and I adore it. I'd been on a hunt for the perfect coral but everything came off too orangey. This little beauty combines both peach and dusky pink to create a really flattering and wearable summer hue. The formula is also extremely light and is therefore perfect for days when the sun decides to shine. I'll be wearing this with my beachy waves and summer attire. P.S Abby of ABBBBZZWAAAAA fame complimented me on this lipstick ;)



7. Models Own in 'Lilac Dream'
I picked this up on a whim the other week thanks to Boots 3 for 2 cosmetics offer. It's a really pretty shade and it holds its own as well as looking lovely with other pastel shades. It's only the second nail polish that I own but it's taking pride of place in my spring hue collection. I'm pretty sure it'll compliment my summer style perfectly. I just need to grow my nails a little before I lash it on! 



8. Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in 'Peony'
 Lets face it, lipglosses can be a bit of a pain in the bum but I'm suprisingly taken by this shade. It's a stunning shimmery pink shade with a texture ideal for summer breeze because it's not overly sticky or heavy. I've been wearing this as both a sheer sweep of lipgloss and as a gloss over my lipstick. I can confirm, it looks gorgeous both ways! It's got quite a hefty price tag for a lipgloss but I think it's something that I'll be grabbing for summer day trips.  



9. L'oreal Telescopic False Lash Effect Mascara in 'Black'
This is the best mascara I have ever used! I am head over heels in love with it. It's one of the few products that I've really seen make a drastic difference to my lashes and will forever be in my make-up bag! I can imagine it looking perfect for a summery doe eyed look and I'll be wearing it every friggin' day. Value for money and then some! 


10. 17 Mirror Shine On Lipstick in 'Beehive'
One of my favourite everyday hues and one of my favourite formulas. It's another product that makes me feel amazing and I've also had a ton of compliments when I wear it.  It's such a wearable shade but it also makes a really nice difference to a natural look. It's a lipstick I will forever be repurchasing and I've already encourages mates to go and buy it for themselves too! Everyone should have this lipstick loitering in the bottom of their beach bag. 

I hope you've found some products amongst those that I've featured that you're interested in. If you'd like to see further swatches of these products, please leave your suggestions in the comments! Have you got any of these beauty products? What are your top Spring/Summer beauty products? Thanks! I'm a bit delicate today and really upset so I'm just gunna have a quiet night 

No comments:

Post a Comment