Typical shoe pose | The beautiful bride and groom. The groom was signing the book in this photograph..it does rather look a lot like he's taking a nap though | Myself at the wedding. Looking like a chubby bear for some reason! Silly hips | Blurry drunken fun at the Harvest Home | A compilation of drunken antics รก la Bee! | My new zebra scarf | I'm addicted to hoisin duck wraps | Fountain | Looking at the droplets | Beautiful Brazillian bridesmaids | Can't beat a good old prawn cocktail! | My handsome man and the pretty venue
~ All my thoughts are with those affected by the devastation that took place ten years ago to this day. It's a tragedy that I still can't quite comprehend the scale of even now. I visited Ground Zero a few years ago and the pain of the attacks was still beating through the ground and I felt overcome by emotion. All my prayers are sent their way.
Hello! REMEMBER ME?! As I type this, I'm surrounded by my life in cardboard boxes and I'm feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement. I've got billions of questions flying round my head and it's really off-putting. Will people like me? Am I gunna weep like a child for my Mamabear? Can I still remember how to write coherent sentences? Will my new bed be bloody awful?
It's finally hitting me that I'm finally heading off to university. After a terrible gap year, I cannot wait to put my head in a book and get some serious essay work done. I'll be regretting saying that within about a month, granted. I haven't got a clue what to pack next and I don't even think I'm ready to leave just yet but, I'm sure it'll all work itself out. I just want to meet new friends, wake up not knowing what happened the night before and blossom into a much better person. In some ways, it's almost as if moving away gives you a chance to re-invent yourself. University is going to be one big adventure but it's one that I can't wait to tackle. Lets face it, it can't be any more shit that this gap year has been! I've already had an awkward, 'so what did you do in your gap year' conversation with a new coursemate. I didn't know whether to just lie and say I'd been volunteering in an African village or whether to just say, 'I was diagnosed with a life long illness, suffered depression and remained unemployed for the most part' and be done with it! Haha. Oh, life.
I can't write a little catch up without mentioning just how amazing Luke's brother's wedding was. There is no way I can convey just how much the beautiful couple mean to me. From the violinist playing 'Use Somebody' to my boyfriend's gorgeous speech...it was all perfect! I just know that they're going to be so head over heels in love for the rest of their lives and, for me, that's something I envy more than anything. I was unofficial photographer for my 'father-in-law' for the day so I'm sure I'll have some better photographs soon. I'm moving tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get to post next as I'll be unpacking/settling in etc but I'll just and update ASAP. Thanks so much for sticking by me this past year, it's not been an easy one but you lot have made it as nice as it could be. All in all, life is one big ball of excitement at the moment and I hope that you lot will stick with me and the next part of my life! I'm feeling pretty perfect right now.
P.S I guest posted for my favourite lady, Lyzi, the other day. You can see that HERE.





No comments:
Post a Comment