top, car boot sale £1 | beach bag, charity shop £2
Naturally, I had a sort of birthday weekend! On Friday, Luke and I ventured to our local Italian for some gorgeous food! I was a horrendous blogger and didn't snap photographs of my food because, as well as being a blogger, I'm a complete impatient fatty ;) With a gorgeous creamy funghi crostini and tagliatelle al salmone right in front of me can you really blame me?! I wolfed it all down and loved every second of it. We thought we'd better end the night there before we slipped into food comas but the waiter, being the generous Italian that he was, wanted us to taste the desserts so he chucked in a Tiramisu for free ;) We ended up waddling home with happy bellies but with that slight inkling that spontaneous combustion was possible at any time. I spent Saturday enjoying myself in one of my favourite ways to do so - nosing round the car boot with my best friend, Ebony. It was sun drenched and full to the brim with sellers so it's safe to say we were in our element. We spotted the usual strange offerings, came across the usual annoying sellers and managed to track down some pretty lovely things. Although, I think some of us
We had a lovely picnic in the zoo before embarking on our epic tour of all the animals. Thankfully, all the birds stayed away. The last time I went to a zoo I cried my eyes out because a goose was watching me eat. I'm such a tit. Stand out animals of the day? Always Orangutans and, of course, the baboons. Is it natural/unsickening to admit that my family and I trailed back to watch the baboons fight/shag/groom a few times before leaving?! If the tomfoolery of baboons isn't entertainment I really don't know what is! Luke had never been to a zoo before
I was massively lucky on the ol' gift/££ front this year. I've realised that if you tell relatives you would like spending money for your holiday you end up in the green, whey! I mainly got dosh this year as that's what I was after but I also got some awesome gifts from my close ones - as pictured below. I couldn't find everything to photograph. Everything just gets put in my room then immerses itself amongst all the older stuff. Luke got me some awesome stuff like the travel journal I'd blogged about and some bright yellow shorts that I massively wanted. They make me feel like a superhero! Mamabear has a habit of tracking down some of the strangest CD's in existence for my birthdays so that explains the Hoff CD. It's quite hilarious really; we listened to it all the way to Paignton. Dear Jesus! Ebony painted me the cutest painting about our relationship. It's about two flowers that are planted near to one another but not close enough to touch. I love our creepy relationship; I really do. Luke's actually worried that I'll run off with her. I think that's why he made me a super lovely card - complete with my beloved cherry blossom! Don't you just love birthday creativity?
I'm going to leave this epic post at that! If you've read all that - well done












No comments:
Post a Comment