Wednesday, May 4, 2011

viva♡'s: internet finds and inspiration

Hello everyone! May the fourth be....hahahaha. I'll stop there ;) I feel like absolute hell right now. I have no idea why I feel so bleugh?! Maybe it's because I just wolfed down a plate of sausage and mash that could've probably fed two. My diary has actually got bored of my lifestyle and I at the moment. Every entry seems to start off with 'I didn't really do much today'. I actually sometimes want to fabricate it all and make up some elaborate tale just so when I read it back in the future I'll think more highly of myself. HA! Anyone else think that? No?! Just me?! I've promised myself to start the 30 Day Shred soon so I'm sure that'll keep me occupied. I've already watched it start to finish whilst sat on my fat arse. WHAT?! Don't judge. I wanted to know what I was letting myself in for ;) I hope you've all been well. I've got a driving lesson tomorrow which means I'll get stressed, stall and then start shouting at myself in third person. I'm surprised I'm not one of those people who've been divorced by their instructor 'cause they're that bad. Anyway, enough of my moaning. Here's this weeks picks. Let me know what you think ;) What are you coveting this week?



 1 / 2 / 3

yayer;

Yayer has well and truly blossomed since its humble beginnings back in 2009. This covetable brand stocks both one-off vintage pieces, for those that need an air of individuality about their outfit, and on-trend modern pieces, for those that would kill to swan around in the latest get up. I have so many things bookmarked that I'd love to get my hands on before they disappear but I've just checked my bank account and it had a little grumble at me. There's everything you could want from flirty vintage playsuits to tougher distressed styles - time to build yourself a schizophrenic wardrobe! Their website is also perfect for styling ideas!









daughter;
Music is my life, or so it used to be when that quote graced my angsty teen Bebo profile, so it comes as a surprise to me on the blogosphere that not many people want to post about it let alone discuss it. I have, and forever will, pride(d) myself on the eclecticism of my music taste (or lack thereof). My Itunes flits from System of a Down to Bon Iver to Slow Club to Stevie Wonder. That being said, these days you can pretty much call me mellow yellow. That's where the beautiful Elena Tonra's new project, 'Daughter', comes in. I'll let her bio describe her as it does it so perfectly:

'Wearing clothes that old people may well have died in, and a bowl-cut the Beatles would be proud of, Elena tells tales of ghosts, drowning lovers and setting fire to her insides for fun. Elena’s haunting voice and delicate guitar playing make her live performances spell-binding and often difficult to breathe'

 I was a huge fan of Elena back in the good old days of Myspace and her songs have frequented my 'lets weep into our hands' playlist more times than I care to imagine. The skeletons of each beautifully composed song contain tales of loss and tiresome love but in, what I believe is, the most pure and most beautiful way. Tonra's soft whispers accompanied by the delicate strokes of the acoustic guitar demand you to escape to the nicest place in your head and forget about to-do lists and mundane weekday life. The above song, Landfill, contains lyrics that will probably capture the emotions and mind sets of many love-torn ladies alike; 'I want you so much but I hate your guts' thus inspiring a strong emotive connection between herself and the listener. 'Daughter' understands, cares and attempts to fix your head within just a few minutes and I'll tell you what - she does a pretty good job of it!

Other Tonra songs that demand your attention;

 Go check her out; 


1 / 2 / 3 / 4

anthropologie; 
If I was rich, I'd go bat shit crazy and buy so any things from Anthropologie. I have blogged of my love for them previously and I will continue to do so until my heart stops! I just think they've always got some genuinely beautiful things stocked that could turn a simple semi into something to shout about. A semi as in the house you dirty beggars. I love sifting through homeware sites in order to gather some inspiration for my flat so please send your recommendations my way! Are you an anthropologie fan?





a few to follow;
Here's a few lovely ladies for you to freshen up your dashboards with! Each of these blogs has their fair share of beautiful photos as well as stylish hosts! The majority of blogs I find these days come from comments so don't be shy - I love a good nose around. I'm rather glad I found these 3 :) Go have a peek!
 I've also been loving; 
 fresh duvet covers royal weddings! catching up with old friends red lips  new beginnings how 1 week and ____ days sounds better than two weeks pimms o'clock early hour heart to hearts window shopping having sky+ HD bubble baths getting ahead of myself m & s cookies lovingly made cups of tea how the janitor in scrubs rightly guessed the location of bin laden

No comments:

Post a Comment