The photograph above is one I took the other day. I was staring that crafty little fox down until he bolted across the buttercup blemished field. He was the picture of serenity before he copped eyes on me staring him down intrusively like some sort of woodland paparazzi. This has all been part of my therapy lately. Yes, I'm trying to self-therapise. For me, this doesn't involve shitty self-help books and green tea. I've simply been going back to basics. I've been asking myself what makes me happy, what I'd like to experience by the end of each day and attempting to get my body 'back out there'. I've found that calm countryside walks have been the making of this inner happiness. Nature just couldn't give a shit about things. I like that. Butterflies were flitting around me doing a somewhat pretentious dance but the river looked as if it couldn't care less. It wasn't bothered that things around it were being slightly stressy. It carried on doing what it does best - looking the picture of tranquility. This is something I really want to bring into my life. I bet people are reading this thinking I've going absolutely insane but, for me, it somehow all makes sense, finally.
I've also been eating well in order to get my body working a little better. I'm currently obsessed with fresh fish and seafood. The beautiful simplicity and understatedness of a plate of fish and rice is something that few other things can replicate. It may sound selfish, but I'm making this week all about me. If I'm going to feel better in myself I need to ensure that I'm focusing on myself. I think the spa day on Friday will cement my new attitude for positive thinking and calm. Seriously, is there a nicer feeling than that of sweating out your body weight in the steam room?! It's not a sexy thought...but it's a bloody nice feeling. I'm going to spend the rest of today annoying my boyfriend. He has work this evening so no doubt I'll be a little tweet happy.
Apologies if you were looking for a 'vivahearts' today but my heart just wasn't in it...ironically. As I have mentioned, things will be fresher around here soon. I'm going to go and brainstorm it all now! Have a lovely day and keep smiling. I shall see you soon for more crazy ramblings.

No comments:
Post a Comment