Wednesday, April 20, 2011

viva♡'s: internet finds and inspiration

Hello everyone! Welcome to the second installment of 'vivahearts' - the post that unearths new things I've stumbled upon that are just too good to not share. I'm currently heavily anticipating a nice Thursday jaunt with Luke and the family to Bath! I'm rather looking forward to it as the last time I was there I didn't get to appreciate the city because I had to spend my time evaluating the customer service at the Roman Baths. DAMN YOU A LEVELS! It promises to be quite a lovely day. I pray that this week is treating you well so far. If not, I hope it picks up for you! I'm off to do my best Charlie Dimmock impression, minus the in-your-face-nipple-exposure and wild ginger mane, and give the garden a spring makeover. God, help me! I just wanna say thanks to you all for sticking around here at little Viva. I rather love every single one of you tramps <3 Ugh, maybe that's the wrong term to call my followers?! Hmmm....If you have any better ideas please comment! Anyway, enough babbling...onto the good stuff!




creme egg cupcakes;
I was browsing the 'food and drink' section of bloglovin' the other night, like the dirty food pervert that I am, and I came across these amazing Creme Egg Cupcakes. There is a God and he appreciates fondant gooeyness!! The lady behind them is Susie from Sticky Pinny. Her blog even gives you the recipe so now we can all make our very own cupcakes to gorge on. Don't they just look like they taste absolutely amazing? I haven't baked cupcakes in so long. Do any of you girls follow any good food blogs? If so, send them my way. 



one line a day;
I think I spend far too much time looking at journals. However, when I stumbled across this little gem I knew I had to share it with you all. A lot of my readers have said in the past that they find it so difficult to keep up with writing a journal when they have such hectic schedules that don't allow for relaxation time. This journal is the cure for such problems! 'One line a day' literally only wants you to capture just one memorable moment from your day. One tiny memory! I'm sure it'll make journals a lot more do-able for some of you. The diary also contains enough space for five years worth so you can be a nostalgic Nigel and look back through your previous memories :)  How's that sound?! You can find it HERE.


 (All above images courtesy of Handwritten)

handwritten; 
Are you a fan of the handwriting memes that grace the blogosphere from time to time? If so, you'll love Handwritten. Handwritten is a blog that encourages bloggers to come out from behind their default font and explore the use of their own handwriting in a post! I think it's a really interesting concept because I believe you can read a lot about a person from their style of handwriting. Maybe that's just me?! Lots of top bloggers have given it a go including the lovely Gem from Gem Fatale, Hollie from Lipstick and Balloons and Winnie from Diamond Canopy

Want to get involved? Just drop an email over to: showmeyourhandwriting@gmail.com 


[1,2,3,4]

summer pastel coloured fashion; 
For whatever reason, in previous years, I've always made a miscommunicated link between pastel colours and the over-40s. I think it might be due to years of torment from my Grandma's blue-rinsed pastel-cashmere-adorned old friends leering up at me whilst telling me how much I've grown since the last time they'd seen me. However, this year has made me realised just how painfully silly that link is. I've actually grown to like a pastel or two. I'm not saying for one minute that you'll see me running around in head-to-toe mints, soft pinks and refreshing violets but then again I'm not saying it's a crime to be seen with a pastel accent to accompany a S/S outfit. I think 2011 may be the year I invest in a pastel. Watch this space! What do you think of the pastel trend? Are you embracing it or are you fearing the worst?    


I've also been loving; 
luke and I's LOVEFiLM subscription woodland walks with the fam the return of BGT summer prints splurging a little on cute pieces catching up on blogs organisation dinner outdoors positive thinking blossom trips spending more quality time with him snacking like a maniac making extensive wishlists


Are you liking this weeks selections? I'm trying to feature a good cross-section of things in hope of everyone finding something they like. I hope that comes across slightly! Let me know what you've been coveting this week! I'm off to be green fingered and do some gardening, yay. I'll see you on Friday for another post.  Until then, keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment