Wednesday, March 30, 2011

what's on my wishlist: journals


I'm afraid there's no 'What If' post this week because I've been mega busy caring for my Grandma because she's just had another hip operation. She lives life at about 2mph at the moment so I've spent the majority of the day doing activities with her that would've been done within minutes if she were able bodied! Dear God, when I get to 60 I'm shooting myself. I've come to that conclusion. Anway, onto the replacement post! I've had my eye on so many gorgeous journals lately that I thought I'd share the best of the bunch. They don't cost a lot either so they're perfect for those of us with weeping bank balances and long wishlists!

I tweeted about the first little beauty last night - even before the Lazy Oaf ladies were able to do so ;) They said that if there's ever a vacancy for Twitter spokesperson they'll give me a call ;) Haha! This new journal is perfect for those of us that like to let our minds wander to that perfect sun-kissed destination as it features 160 pages of beautiful skyskapes to doodle over. From sunsets to palm trees, this journal has everything for the journo with a serious case of wanderlust. At £8, I think it's certainly a worthwhile purchase! Go and take a peek at it HERE.

I don't know about you but I personally love to make lists about anything and everything. I could list you things I want, things I need to do, things I want to achieve and things I will remember to never discuss to anyone but my closest of friends hello cliff richard mug. List making has always been theraputic for me. If I can write it in a list; I instantly feel better about it. 'My Future Listography' allows you to take time out from the real world in order to let you delve into your future and determine the things you wish to achieve in life. This illustrated listography offers its owners the chance to delve into their imaginations to think of things ranging from what animal they would like to adopt to what they'd like to do in retirement. If you're always struggling to actually get things done that you'd always liked to have accompolished this journal is the one for you! I've seen it on the net for around £7 so go Google it and snap one up quickly!



I HAVE TO PURCHASE THIS! It's no secret that I've got a penchant for owls, travelling and journalling so when I saw this little baby I knew it had to be mine! Admittedly, it's not even out yet but when it is I'm going to snap one up for myself. It'd be the perfect journal for my trip to Corfu in July. This beautifully illustrated travel journal is the perfect companion for those of us that like to spend our time globe-trotting. This journal has all the things you'd want from a travel journal: a pocket for important documents, rip out postcards for loved ones, photo pages, a directory for important numbers, to do lists and to pack lists! It also has little 'You are here' maps throughout so you can visually document where you were at each exact time. How cute is that?! This journal pretty much merges practicality and whimsicality *is that a word?* so perfectly that you'll wander how the hell you ever went on a trip without it! I need this in my life and at just over £8 I think it's pretty do-able (: 


The Minolog Diary really is whimsical personified. At first, I wasn't entirely sure there was anything special about it but as I did my research I realised just how quaint it really was! This little poppet has yearly planners, monthly planners, weekly planners and calendars to ensure you're never late or absent again! It also comes with notes pages for all your bright ideas and doodles. The illustrated pages add to the overall beauty of the diary that is, in my opinion, worth the price tag for the beauty of it alone! This handy little helper also has checklists so that you can keep your things in order and ensure you've ran all your important errands for the day. I'm sure it'll also really excite some of us, hello Michelle, to find that there's also five sets of stickers included so that you can personalise your diary to your own taste! You can view all the different bits HERE. I'd suggest that you Google it because I've seen prices differ but you can get it for around £14-£18. It's a little more expensive than the others but this is a little diary that works to your time schedule and for that amount of consideration I'd say it was worth it! 

Lastly, I've got my eye on this little pink beauty by Rob Ryan. I absolutely adore Rob Ryan's work and admire all of his laser cuttings so naturally I'm attracted to this diary. It's not really a diary as such. It's just a plain A5 notebook but that just means that the possibilities are endless, surely?! Don't call me Shirley. Despite its simplicity, it still has its beauty. I adore the fact that you can write your name on the front cover! I'm childish, yes. I think this is the perfect diary for those of us that don't like to be constrained to how the diary wants us to work. It lets you write whatever you want and wherever you want. Prices online vary so make sure you do your research!

I hope this post won't have too much of a negative affect on your bank balances! I want every single one I've featured :/ I can feel my empty bank balance weeping as I type. I hope you're all having a lovely week so far. I've been working my little bum off to get some holiday dinero. I'll see you all on Friday for another installment of 'Snap Happy'. Keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment