Wednesday, March 16, 2011

what if [#5]: i were to experience my ideal weekend

Hello my lovelies! I feel rather detatched from everything at the moment :/ I'll be sure to catch up on everyone's blogs and get severely tweet happy tonight! I'm trying to balance work and ill health at the moment. For some reason my skin has decided to come out in a series of rashes so I've been itching away like a right skank the past few days, haha! I'm also looking after a poorly Charles at the moment. He's an ill little kitty. He decided to vomcano all over Grandma's garden :/ She's in hospital at the moment so perhaps he thought it'd be a nice little 'Welcome Home' present?! He's good at things like that - he brought me back a mouse for my birthday once (: Anyway, onto the post! This week I'm pondering what I would do if I could experience my ideal weekend. It may not seem like anything fancy but that's me. I don't live for the glitz and glamour. I'm all for happy hearts and happy heads through the simplest of things (: I hope you're all having a good week. Enjoy!

(snacks, perfect little den, disney DVDS and my special boyfriend)

FRIDAY NIGHT;
I don't know about you but I classify Friday nights as the weekend. Am I alone on that?! That's a stupid question because according to Rebecca Black it's 'fun, fun, fun, fun'. EUGH, such a crime towards music. I'm an 18 year old on a gap year so my ideal Friday night should probably go along the lines of putting my gladrags on, drinking myself into a paraletic state and dutty wining in a club all night long, right?! WRONG.  I'm a bit of a homebody at the moment so I'd opt for a perfect night in! Does this consist of electric blankets, Werthers Originals and knitting hats for orphans you may ask? No, you cheeky buggers. One of my favourite ways to spend an evening is to make an elaborate den from various sheets, cushions and pillows before snuggling down with my boyfriend and a good old classic Disney film. Obviously, you can't have a DVD night without copious amounts of snacks - hello Kettle Chips! I just think so many people my age forget how much fun you can have with one person by just acting a little childish and having a night in like that. Or maybe I just forget the fun you can have with litres of vodka, terrible morning after photos and marker pen scrawled all over your chest area? Hmm. My Friday night would be all about junk food, good laughs, good company and childish fun. I miss nights like this so much <3

(beautiful boutiques, family time, whimsical dinner and cocktails)

SATURDAY;
Saturday would be all about the outdoors and just having a lot of fun. I'd start of the day with a nice bit of retail therapy. I haven't bought any clothes since December...so it's much needed. *I can imagine a whole load of fashion bloggers jaws dropping at that sentence* I'm not a massive fan of shopping though so it'd be a brief visit before heading off for fun with the fam! I'm all about my loved ones so I couldn't have an ideal weekend without spending a bit of time with them just chatting and laughing at various un-funny things. It's the perfect remedy to bringing you back down to the ground too. I think it's so easy to let little things get complicated. Family time always makes you realise how much you shouldn't care about such stupid things. With regards to the evening's activities, I've always loved the idea of a whimsical little dinner with Luke. God, such a typical girlie! I'd just love some good food, maybe some chinese lanterns and talks about the future. I don't want to come across as a complete OAP because I do love a good night out every now and again! Therefore, my ideal Saturday night would involve a hideous amount of vodka, cocktails, the worst photos in the world, inappropriate dances and Snoop Dogg. I'm well known for being the drunken idiot at the pub/clubs.

(waking up with my beau, reading up on the news, stuffing my face, passing out)

SUNDAY;
I pretty much live for the traditionalists idea of a perfect Sunday. I don't often get to spend it doing things I'd like to so on my perfect weekend it'd follow my lazy ideals to a t. I'd wake up at a silly time of day that always makes your grandparents go 'WHAT TIME, I'd been awake for blah blah blah hours by then....you'll sleep all your life away'. Sorry about the mini rant there but old people just really don't appreciate the joy an occasional lie in can bring you do they?! Anyway, after I'd awoken next to my gorgeous boyfriend - which I seldom do - I'd make the perfect cuppa and lie in bed with the day's papers and magazines. Of course, my Sunday newspaper of choice is The Sunday Times. By the way, my perfect cuppa contains lots of milk and 2 sugars...just in case you were curious ;) Once we'd discussed various news stories and I'd finished staring at all the beautiful clothes in Style we'd think about heading out to a nice country pub for a huge roast dinner. Naturally, I'd eat far too much and burst my jeans before falling into a food baby slumberous state. Once I'd awoken from my roasted goods induced coma we'd go on a beautiful countryside walk - all on flat land of course. I ain't a fan of inclines! There's just something so pure about summery countryside walks that leaves me with a happy head! The night would be finished off with a relaxing bath and a box set. My perfect Sunday would be all about relaxation, keeping a happy heart, light conversation, love and anticipation.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That's my idea of a perfect and rather realistic weekend. As you can tell, I love the simple things in life! I hope you've all enjoyed this post. It's now over to you, What's your idea of an ideal weekend? I always find your opinions, perspectives and insights extremely interesting because, in all honesty, I'm a nosey cow ;) I'm now going to catch up on blogs and abuse my wishlist thanks to the lovely Michelle answering my Corfu holiday clothes dilemma. HELP! I've got a lovely day off to look forward to tomorrow so I'll no doubt be extremely tweet happy. I'll see you on Friday for this weeks 'Snap Happy'. Have a lovely rest of the week everyone!

P.S Go check out my EBAY - not long to go ;)
Another lot will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment