Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What If: A brief introduction.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
 
Hello ladies and gents! As I've previously mentioned, I've decided to start a new Wednesday feature in replacement of the generic 'Wednesday Wants'. Lauren wrote a brilliantly worded post that pretty much explained my reasons for swapping my features. A couple of weeks ago, I realised that it's a bit mindless for me to have a wishlist post over here at the blog. For starters, I'm not a very materialistic person :/ I don't own a lot of 'things'. I only seem to hoard things of sentimental value. Don't get me wrong, I am still a girl. I love reading about fashion, commenting on the lastest trends and writing about them but I just felt I needed to engage my readers in other topics. Obviously, I'm not criticising anyone that writes wishlist posts. I think they're lovely to read and think to myself 'what if I was a millionaire....'. That's the exact point that got me thinking...what if? what if? 


We have a thoughtful little community over here in the blogosphere. Admittedly, these 'thoughts' often run into times when we are meant to be focusing on other things. We find overselves procrastinating about the latest trends, the most delightful of books or the newest trashy TV shows. However, sometimes I find myself procrastinating about things that essentially lead me down a path of in depth thought about some of the most elaborate scenarios ever. With this in mind, 'What if' Wednesdays was born. Oh, I obviously have to thank the boy who actually came up with the title/slight concept at about 2am lying in bed. He's a genius. Each week I'll be asking 'What if...'. Topics will range from travel to aspirations to food to pretty much anything. For example: tomorrow's post is entitled 'What if I were to go on an extravagant tour around the world'. This post will see me ponder some of the most gorgeous places in the world and discuss exactly what I'd do and where I'd go if I was put in that position. Get it?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope it's a concept that captivates your imaginations! I also hope it'll give you a better insight into the lady behind the blog! I've already finished tomorrow's post and it was certainly a lot of fun to write/get photos for! Anyway, let me know what you think and make sure you pop back tomorrow for the very first post (: P.S Have you got any ideas for future topics for 'What If...' Wednesdays? Have a good rest of the week! I'm with the boy in two days, eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment