(Berlin, New York, Cemetery in Northern France *my photo* and Sa Coma, Majorca *my photo*)
Many travellers like to stray from tradition and ignore the areas of the world that've been explored by many time and time again. However, I don't believe you can truly know a place until you've graced it with your own prescence and interpreted it in your own way. No amount of tourists on Route 66 could deter me from wanting to experience the traditional road trip movie experience that a tour around the USA allows. I was absolutely fascinating by Fry's own journey around the 50 states. I'm not interested in America for the celebrities, the Disney World, the supersized portions or the glam. I'm interested in the diversity. I've always invested my interest in culture and its conflicting representations within one fixed area. America breaths diversity for me. You are able to entertain the most superficial of airheads that are in search of their 'American Dream'. However, travel a few states and you're able to witness the traditional family values that so many people treasure. Obviously, this is not to say that I'd love to live every teenage girls dream and explore my inner LC through the medium of California. I think we'd all love to be able to potter around in our heels, meet our girls for lunch everyday and then return to our amazing jobs.
I wouldn't be able to visit the sunshine coast without popping to Miami for a chance to meet the truly gorgeous and talented Ami James. If you've yet to view his work on hit show 'Miami Ink' what are you waiting for? The designs are beautiful. I'd feel extremely proud to wear a tattoo penned by him on my body. I think it's sad that there is still such a stigma about tattoo artists and their designs. I find it truly inspiring to see beautiful designs with heart felt meanings. Of course, if I was touring the USA I'd have to make sure I made a stop in Birmingham, Alabama to meet the lovely Michele! There's a part of my brain that quite likes finding out about the crazy that places have to offer. Therefore, I think I'd definitely have to take a stop in Las Vegas. I just want to witness the garishness for myself! Oh, I'd obviously have to partake in a Rachel and Ross style wedding whilst I was there. I think it should be a crime to go to Vegas and not come back married! I'd also make the effort to go to Hawaii and embrace the culture and friendly nature of its inhabitants.
I wouldn't be able to visit the sunshine coast without popping to Miami for a chance to meet the truly gorgeous and talented Ami James. If you've yet to view his work on hit show 'Miami Ink' what are you waiting for? The designs are beautiful. I'd feel extremely proud to wear a tattoo penned by him on my body. I think it's sad that there is still such a stigma about tattoo artists and their designs. I find it truly inspiring to see beautiful designs with heart felt meanings. Of course, if I was touring the USA I'd have to make sure I made a stop in Birmingham, Alabama to meet the lovely Michele! There's a part of my brain that quite likes finding out about the crazy that places have to offer. Therefore, I think I'd definitely have to take a stop in Las Vegas. I just want to witness the garishness for myself! Oh, I'd obviously have to partake in a Rachel and Ross style wedding whilst I was there. I think it should be a crime to go to Vegas and not come back married! I'd also make the effort to go to Hawaii and embrace the culture and friendly nature of its inhabitants.
(Hawaii, LA - Cali, Las Vegas and Birmingham, AL)
I've not really strayed far from Europe because of convenience but there's part of me that'd love to go somewhere truly exotic! My idea of complete holiday bliss would be a stay in the Maldives in one of their beautiful water bungalows. It really is one of those 'last chance to see' resorts - especially as they believe it could be underwater in a matter of decades. If I close my eyes I can just imagine relaxing on the soft white sand under the protection of a palm tree with a drink resting in one hand and a book in the other. Is there anything more idyllic?! Whilst the Maldives is the perfect getaway for indulgent relaxation, it also has a few activites on offer. There are plenty of deep sea dives to experience that give you a chance to feast your eyes on the bright reefs and shoals of colourful fish. I've always thought that'd be such a lovely thing to be able to do. However, if I attempted to do that on Burnham beach I'd find myself swimming with a few trolleys and ravaged instant bbq's. Oh, doesn't it all seem a world away?! I'd also love to embrace life as a true Maldivian and explore the blissful atmosphere of the little fishing villages. I adore fresh fish. I think there's something so fulfilling about eating something so clean as it were. Maldivians typically wind down from a busy day at work on the beaches indulging in good homemade food and interesting conversation with their loved ones. This sounds absolutely perfect, right?! The only equavilent we have of that here is pre-teens drinking WKD on Burnham beach :/ Obviously, after all that vigarous exploring I'd have to retire to a spa treatment or two ;) Other exotic getaways I'd love to take? The chilled out vibe of Jamaica and the Carribean really takes my fancy. I think this interest is partly spurred on by my love of Bob Marley and my interest in trying the food! Another idyllic country I'd love to explore is the gorgeous Thailand. I'm extremely jealous that the lovely Jazmine is off there very soon! It's got some stunning resorts that'd provide the perfect setting to forget all your blues at home! Time for some heartbreaking photos....
Time to clear that drool off your chin and discuss some more places I'd love to go to! Let's move on to a place that I'd consider the hub for futuristic quirky fun - Japan! I think Japan just captivates my childish exuberance for adventure. I've mentioned in this post already that I love to endure the 'crazy' in places and what better way to entertain this love than to visit the toilet restaurant! That's right, in Japan you can 'enjoy' the opportunity of nomming on food served in miniature replicas of porcelain thrones. You also sit on the toilet and eat off of a table made out of a bath! I discovered them over at Color Me Katie last year! What's your opinion? Would you 'enjoy' it?! I'd also love to go to the Studio Ghibli Museum. I've got such a soft spot for films like My Neighbour Totoro, Ponyo and Howl's Moving Castle so I can't think of a better way to spend a day. Another of my dream destinations is Borneo. Why? you ask....I have an absolute fascination/love for Orangutans. Whenever I venture to the zoo I stand in front of the Ranga enclosure whilst my family go and look at animals that I consider mediocre in comparison to the beautiful creatures that rangas are. It'd be my dream to volunteer for one of the Orangutan conversation projects that they have going on over there. I'd hate to think that one day they'll be extinct :/ I'm a bit of a David Attenborough at heart. Another destination I find myself browsing on many occasions is Canada. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place. I just appreciate how green it looks and I think it must be quite breathtaking to witness the wildlife! It also has some beautiful place names! I can imagine sauntering around the streets of Montreal one day then exploring the stunning mountainous areas the next. Imagine how breathtaking it'd be to see the Northern Lights! Oh, writing this post is breaking my heart :/
(Maldives, Thailand and Jamaica)
Time to clear that drool off your chin and discuss some more places I'd love to go to! Let's move on to a place that I'd consider the hub for futuristic quirky fun - Japan! I think Japan just captivates my childish exuberance for adventure. I've mentioned in this post already that I love to endure the 'crazy' in places and what better way to entertain this love than to visit the toilet restaurant! That's right, in Japan you can 'enjoy' the opportunity of nomming on food served in miniature replicas of porcelain thrones. You also sit on the toilet and eat off of a table made out of a bath! I discovered them over at Color Me Katie last year! What's your opinion? Would you 'enjoy' it?! I'd also love to go to the Studio Ghibli Museum. I've got such a soft spot for films like My Neighbour Totoro, Ponyo and Howl's Moving Castle so I can't think of a better way to spend a day. Another of my dream destinations is Borneo. Why? you ask....I have an absolute fascination/love for Orangutans. Whenever I venture to the zoo I stand in front of the Ranga enclosure whilst my family go and look at animals that I consider mediocre in comparison to the beautiful creatures that rangas are. It'd be my dream to volunteer for one of the Orangutan conversation projects that they have going on over there. I'd hate to think that one day they'll be extinct :/ I'm a bit of a David Attenborough at heart. Another destination I find myself browsing on many occasions is Canada. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place. I just appreciate how green it looks and I think it must be quite breathtaking to witness the wildlife! It also has some beautiful place names! I can imagine sauntering around the streets of Montreal one day then exploring the stunning mountainous areas the next. Imagine how breathtaking it'd be to see the Northern Lights! Oh, writing this post is breaking my heart :/
(Toilet Restaurant in Japan, Cat Bus in the Studio Ghibli Museum, a thumbs up from a Ranga in Borneo and lush grasslands in Canada)
As I said earlier, I've venturing around Europe quite a bit. However, there's still a couple of places I'd love to get sightseeing. In true clichéd estrogen fuelled female style, I'd love to go to Paris! What can I say?! The thought of pottering around little café's pretending to be extremely classy is my idea of fun. The Aristocats is my favourite Disney film so I think in my wild imagination I can picture myself stumbling across a jazz den and dancing the night away with a Siamese. God help me! The boy and I are hoping to visit Paris at some point to enjoy the romantic vibe of the area. I can also speak French so I'd love to go along and have a little flirt with a beautiful French man ;) *Sorry Luke! The foodie in me craves a trip to Italy. Although, I think it'd definitely be an 'Eat Pray Love' moment and I'd end up putting on about 4 stone. Hello yummy carbs! I've always thought that Italian architecture was absolutely breathtaking and I know I'd just love to walk around the gorgeous cobbled streets taking photos of every building that I stumbled across. I also think a trip on a gondala in Venice is an absolute 'to do before I die' activity for me.
Moving on to the other side of the world, one of my close friends moved to Australia last year and it pains me I won't properly get to see him anymore :/ I'd obviously jump at the chance to be able to sample his lovely lifestyle in the outback. Australia's recent flow of bad luck is heart breaking. I can't imagine the struggle that the people have endured. However, this does not put me off! Of course, if I went to Australia I'd want to stalk Harold Bishop and give him a cuddle as well as mourn for the late Steve Irwin at his zoo. The last country I'm lusting after is Russia. Once again, the architecture has always caught me eye because of it's intricacy and extravagance. Russian history is also something I've invested a lot of time in. *Anyone else seen the photo of Rasputin's pickled penis? Hello Google!* I'm also extremely interested in good hats and vodka. That pretty much explains that one!
(Paris - obviously, Venice, Sydney and Russia)
Phew, so there's a little low down on where I'd go if I could take an extravagant tour around the world! I hope you've enjoyed this post :/ Now, it's over to you. I want to know where you'd visit if you could take this trip...let your mind wander and give me a comment! Furthermore, have any of you been to the places that I want to visit? I'd love to know about your experience! I'm open to any feedback with regards to this feature so please feel free to let me know your honest opinion. What scenario would you like to see on my next 'What if...' post? Have a lovely rest of the week sweeties. I'm sooo ready for the weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment