Thursday, December 23, 2010

wednesday wants: week one



(I just got to the end of writing this post then realised that it'll be Thursday when I post it. Woops! Um, well enjoy it a day later than the title suggests...)

I'm a massive fan of interior design, owls and needlework so when I stumbled across 'EDC London' the other week I nearly had a headfit. I thought I'd pick out a few of my favourite products of theirs. It was a rather fun job because as you can see their products are quite 'out there' and many of them are actually one of a kind. You have to enquire about the pricing so I dread to think what they charge but I need these things in my life. 

A needlework take on taxidermy? Corr, yes please! I definitely need one of these to adorn the bare walls of my flat to be. They're all handmade and unique to the buyer so they're the perfect personalised placement for any bare wall. Is it to your taste or a little too much?

This little fella is just charming! I can imagine cuddling up to it on a cold winter's evening - yeah I'm odd. They're hand embroided so they look top notch and the colour scheme is just lovely. I adore the little bobbles surrounding it. How cute?!

I've been going on and on lately about how I need a nice jewellery box to replace my messy jewellery drawer and I think this chap would do the job perfectly! The intricacy of the box is just beautiful. Wanting one? You'd best move fast because only 20 have been made! What the...that's just not fair. Although, the slightly off putting thing is that it's made from camel bone :/ DISCLAIMER: No camels were hurt in the making of the boxes - they died of natural causes. Does that put you off slightly? 

An owl-lovers take on Russian dolls? PERFECTION! I love the little individual expressions on all their faces. They'd certainly be welcome under my Christmas tree. They're all hand painted and papier machéd by people in North India which adds a little character to them. I think the colours they've used are timeless and would look great on any window sill, shelf or mantlepiece. What do you think?

I hope you've enjoyed my first Wednesday Wants post. I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a regular feature but hey ho! I'm off to go watch a load of Dexter with the boy. I'm having a rather good Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll get round to posting Friday Favourites so I'll wish you all a Merry Christmas now. I hope it's perfect (: Let me know if you liked seeing this post over at the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment