Hola chicas (y chicos), welcome to another installment of 'Friday Favourites' - you can read previous posts here. I'm going to let you in on a little secret - this is a scheduled post! This is because as you read this I will hopefully be purchasing a flat with the beau. Fingers crossed for us, eh?! I hope you've all had a good week. I am a reformed redhead - hallejujah! It feels so good to have fresh roots and bright colour again. Ooh, I've also got myself some blink tickets ;) Soooooo excited! Before I forget, I need your help girlies. We are doing a Secret Santa at work. I need to find a real nice gift for a 20 something female for £5 or under. I have no idea who the person is because we are just gunna draw presents out the bag instead so I can't have anything personalised. Any bright ideas? They would be much appreciated! Have a lovely weekend. X Factor Final weekend and I'm gunna miss the tweet-along?! Boo! I hope Wagner wins. I hope you enjoy my favourites this week (:
Some day I will manage to resist the temptation to post beautifully dainty jewellery every week! I just couldn't resist and had to post about 'Eclectic Eccentricity' and their gorgeous array. Each piece has it's own charming character and threatens to damage my bank balance. When I post websites like this usually there are a few certain items I have my eye on specifically. However, there are about a billion pieces of jewellery I could see myself wearing for years to come on this site. This includes the Some Times Pocket Watch necklace, Make A Song and Dance Working Harmonica necklace, Desert Rose necklace and the Sew Much To Do necklace. They also do gift sets that are perfect for Christmas presents! However, please check that the reciever of the gift has their ears pierced before you buy. I'm only saying this because I don't have mine pierced and always recieve earrings from loved ones that I cannot wear! Boo. What are your favourite pieces from Eclectic Eccentricity?
002; knock your socks off heel
Holy lord! The glitter fairy has graced us with a beautiful pair of brogues to stun and amaze unsuspecting people with. I am loving these! I'd wear them with everything - dresses, skirts, pj bottoms you name it! I mentioned not long ago that as a tall lady (5ft10) I find it difficult to find nice 'going out' shoes but these aren't too high so I think they're suitable. If I owned these I would never have a shoe-related issue ever again! I'd also do jazz hands at any given moment. I'd prefer it if they were a little less pointed and more rounded but hey...that's a small detail! These are just so camp and fun. What do you think? A little too out there or can you never wear too much glitter?
003; christmas tv by slow club
I cannot stop singing this song at the moment! I adore Slow Club...partly because their voices harmonise beautifully and partly because they take me back to the good old days of Myspace. This video was taken from their 'bandstand busking' session a while back. You should go check the busks out if you live in/near London as some really lovely artists have previously taken part like Gregory & The Hawk, Lulu & The Lampshades and Of Montreal to name but a few. This song is just so lovely and festive any they sound even better than live than their recordings! The lyrics are, for me personally, so easy to relate to right now which I'm finding quite comforting. Watch the video and see what you think (: What songs can't you get out of your head lately?
004; walls notebook
This clever notebook allows you to innocently graffiti over fresh walls without getting into trouble! I think it's an ideal Christmas gift for those people in your life that just can't resist a good doodle every now and again. Furthermore, there's a whole 16o pages of different wall photographs so you can doodle to your hearts content! I'm not very good at illustrating but I do like to plaster my name with various sexpot male celebrity surnames all over notebooks so this would certainly come in handy. I remember back in year 7 when I wrote '182' about a billion times all over my Diadora school bag just so my crush would notice me and start a conversation about it - we were both die hard blink fans! Corr, those were the days eh?! Nowadays if you wrote 'fond love of baking, consuming alcohol and blogging' on your backpack you'd look like a right freak. ANYWAY, go over to Lazy Oaf and take a peek at this badboy. Oh by the way, now that I've shared an embarassing crush wooing story I wanna hear yours...leave me a comment ;)
005; the nightmare before christmas
I thought I'd feature another of my favourite festive films. In my opinion, this film is still as visually stunning and thought provoking as it was when it was first released back in 1993. For those that don't know, the film tells the story of Jack Skellington, a skeleton from 'Halloween Town' who mistakenly opens a portal to 'Christmas Town'. The film follows his new found obsession with all things festive and his attempts at recreating it back home. This film really captures the beauty of the festive period because it illustrates the innocence and amazement that you used to feel as a kid on the big day itself. I used to go bat shit crazy for Santa and all the presents he had to offer me! Watch the clip above and remind yourself of the festive magic (: Any other Tim Burton/Nightmare Before Christmas fans?
*I hope you all like my choices! Have a lovely weekend whatever you get up to...Leave me a comment and let me know - I'm a nosey biatch (: I'll be back on Sunday with a lovely installment of my year in photos. Adios!



No comments:
Post a Comment