Hello sweets! Welcome to another installment of 'Friday Favourites' - my weekly countdown of things I've come across that I've taken a fond liking to. I've spent my week working hard, having a fun filled flu jab (sarcasm), enjoying more Prison Break and chilling out with the beau. It feels so weird to have someone's company for once :/ God, I'm such a recluse. I'm not sure what I'm up to this weekend. I think I'm spending it with the beau so that'll mean watching things and maybe...just maybe...venturing on the Xbox. Dear lord - help me! After spending a few hours dedicated to it, I finally caught up on everybody's blogs! I hope you're all well and have a good weekend. Here's this weeks picks - enjoy (:
001; junk food clothing
I first got into 'Junk Food' during my 'lets use my free periods to do some online tee browsing' phase and always thought their tees looked like the comfiest things in the world! I've fallen in love with this gorgeous Batman jumper! I'm also particularly fond of the Batman tee, Superman jumper, Don't Worry Be Hippy tee and I Love Wild Things tee. I think these days a lot of ladies shy away from a good old traditional tee but I think that, when done correctly, there is nothing more chic than a tee and jeans combo! I think it'd be nice to see more outfits like that within the fashion blogging world. Do you agree? Do you shy away from t-shirts? Let me know!
002; wallpaper rose
I've been meaning to feature 'Wallpaper Rose' here for a while now but just haven't got round to it because I seem intent on featuring every cute pendant on this earth! I think there is room for little explanation with this particular piece (pictured above). It's a Golden Snitch, nuff said! I'm going to be relatively bold and say - I need this. I would be willing to throw a Veruca Salt-esque hissy fit in order to acquire this little gem! Of course, that's not to say I'm not lusting after anything else. I'd quite happily wear the Gabriella necklace, the Jen navy Peter Pan collared tee and the Remi necklace. Bloggers have been raving about 'Wallpaper Rose' so I suggest you get yourself over there and make a few purchases. I certainly intend to once my wages decide to actually stay in my account and not fly straight back out again. Are there any other jewellery stores you think I should check out?
003; bon iver
In my opinion, if there's only one album that you choose to purchase in your lifetime it should be Bon Iver's 2007 offering of 'For Emma, Forever Ago'. The album is, in my opinion, the epitome of foolish love and the beautiful simplicity that can often go ignored or tampered with within today's industry. Justin Vernon recorded the album whilst living in his father's log cabin in Wisconsin's northwoods - a place where he was seeking solace from a broken heart, a bout of illness and the break up of his band. Thankfully, this broken heart produced a striking collection of beautifully intricate songs that could easily be regarded as some of the best within the 21st century. The emotive heart of each song on the record is hard to ignore and when combined with Vernon's soothing tones there's little to not enjoy. I could sing Iver's praises all day but I think you should make your own mind up by giving him a listen. Let me know what you think. Are there any Bon Iver fans out there?
004; topshop oatmeal cat ear beanie
It's been a while since I featured a hat over here at FF so I thought I'd best give this little cutie an airing. What I like about this hat is that it's not been distorted despite the fact it was born post-River Island hideous creations. Don't get me wrong - I own a River Island panda hat circa 2008/09 but am I the only one that thinks they've taken things a bit too far and are now creating things which have no resemblance to the animal they claim to be?! Let me know if I'm alone on this one! I also really like how this colour is called 'oatmeal' - it makes me feel all warm (: They've also got a cute black cat ear trapper on offer too so be sure to check it out if like me you wish you were a feline. What's your view on animal hats? A little too overrated or are they still as cute as they were when they first came out?
005; prison break
I know, I know. I'm kinda 4 years late on the whole Prison Break hype! However, after the beau picked up the season one box set in his charity shop for £1 there was no reason why we couldn't jump on the bandwagon (: I'm a big fan of shows that withold a conceptual storyline throughout so Prison Break is the perfect series for me. Although, I'm still in love with Dexter! I've taken a liking to Wentworth Miller thanks to his character's genius. Deary me! I've found myself shouting at the screen throughout the series as the lives and plans of the prisoners get thrown into jeopardy. I honestly reccomend this series to anyone that likes living vicariously through others (: What shows are you addicted to? Any fellow Prison Break fans? P.S No spoilers please - I'm yet to finish season one!! *I hope you enjoyed this weeks favourites. Corr blimey, it's only Christmas next week. I'm not sure if I'm gunna be posting or whatever because obviously everyone will be enjoying the festivities :/ We'll see! What are you guys up to this weekend?




No comments:
Post a Comment