Bonjourno happy campers and welcome to yet another 'Friday Favourites' post! I realise I've featured two bags in this post - woops! I think it's because I was having a conversation with the beau about how I find it funny that some people call breasts 'funbags'. Either that or I just like bags....moving swiftly on! I'm rather excitable because I've recieved the Mini Diana cam through the post that I won a few months back through Cute Stew's mega giveaway! I cannot wait to use it. I've had an okay week :/ I just can't wait for the next couple weeks to hurry along now! I'm getting my hair dyed back red on Thursday. I miss being a true redhead although being a gingernut has treated me well. I hope you've all had a good week and enjoyed the snow if you've been graced by its prescence. Talking about 'presents'...(see what I did there?!) I've ordered some more gifts online and got my mamabear's gifts booked! I just can't wait for the festive period to well and truly begin now. I hope you like this weeks picks (:
001; postsecret
I've been a fan of Frank Warren's 'PostSecret' project for a while now so I thought it deserved a little space over here at my 'Friday Favourites' post. For those that don't know 'PostSecret' is an open art project that sees people email their secrets anonymously on a postcard for the entertainment of the whole world. There's something quite exciting and empowering to me about revealing your darkest secrets to the world! I suggest you pop on to the site every Sunday and read the new posts because there's such a diverse range of secrets to read. I know it may be insensitive but I can't help but laugh at some of them! I loved the recent one which coincided with the release of 'The Deathly Hallows'. It depicted various actors from the films with a caption that read something like 'One of these men is the father of my child'. Umm, how much do I want Alan Rickman's baby?! Imagine the beautiful voice that little ball of joy would have! Would you ever post your secrets? What's been your favourite secret that you've read through the site?I really really want this baby! I like to travel around and of course take regular trips down to Plymouth so this little beauty would be ideal for me (: I currently use a tan coloured Dunlop bag from the 1970's for my overnight stays. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and admittedly I did name him which makes it impossible for me to ever part with my dearest Barnaby. However, this Kidston bag is floral, rather roomy and wipe clean! What's not to love?! I'm really gunna have to start a little fund for this bad boy because it's just perfect for my jaunts around the UK. I also totally need the wheeled holdall version for my holiday with the beau next year! Although, saying all this I probably don't need anymore bags to add to my extensive collection...Boo! What's your favourite Kidston piece? Can you ever have 'too many' bags?
003; someone like you
Just....wow!! Adele is back with a smaller figure but an even bigger voice. If I'm being honest, I feel like nothing that I type here will be good enough to explain the pure genius of this song and the talent behind it. The emotive beauty in Adele's voice articulates the heart wrenching lyrics perfectly and in turn makes for a song that I could easily warble for hours. I find her so inspiring with regards to my own singing attempts and admire how she sounds better live than she does on her album tracks. In my opinion, she has a talent that you don't hear anywhere near enough of within the music industry today and that's quite a sad realisation. Give this song a listen whilst you chill out with a nice cuppa tea and a cheeky biscuit or two. It definitely won't disappoint. What do you think of her comeback?004; round precious box bag
When I first witnessed this bag whilst trawling through the Topshop 'new in' selection I took a few minutes to gasp in awe at it. Never in my life have I seen something so decadent that has been made within this decade! The strap is at a perfect length to have it swinging by my side but is also removeable for the times when I wish to drag this baby around at parties. It'd look perfect teamed with my pipe and maybe a nice spot of tweed. It may not suit everyone's tastes as it is a little garish but I've got a side to me that echoes Laurence Llewelyn Bowen that just craves something so ghastly. To be frank, you could wear an anorak and still look the height of glamour if you wore this on your arm! What do you think of it? Too much or just simply amazing? 005; love actually
Tis the season to watch sickly sweet films so why abstain?! I'm not a massive rom com fan but a film that involves Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman and Colin Firth to name but a few....HELLO SAILOR ;) What I like about this film is that sickly sweet feeling it gives you no matter how hard you try to fight it. I also like how all the character's stories are intertwined. For those that haven't seen it it's basically a film that concentrates on the theme of love around Christmas in all of the forms it comes in, all of the things that change it and all of the things that create it. I peaked a little too soon with my Christmas film viewing this year and started watching Xmas specials in October - woops! I've already managed to get through Gavin and Stacey's special, Love Actually and Elf. What's your favourite Christmas film? Do you like feel good rom coms? *That's the end of that sweeties. I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you choose to do with it. I'll be back on Sunday for the second installment of my year in photos posts. Lovely!




No comments:
Post a Comment