Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blarrrg Rant.

P1060437

I'm still sick. Thankfully, Marlowe seems to be doing a whole hell of a lot better. However I am not. I'm horrible at being sick. I never get sick and once I do I just don't know how to handle it. There are so many things I want and need to do and I'm not getting anything done. I just want to cry or scream or curl up and miserably go to sleep. No, I'm lying. I don't want to do any of those things.... I just want to get better. I just want to feel productive again. I know 100% of new parents will agree that nothing ever gets done with a newborn in the house. Most tasks wont even be touched... and if they are they more than likely will be interrupted. I need more hands. Two hands are not enough. Two sick hands are even worse. I already feel completely unproductive and this sick thing makes it so much worse. Yes, I'm complaining. I think I have a right to complain. I'm trying to take care of a sick newborn while being sick myself. I really don't know how or why I got sick... I understand sick happens.... but it didn't/doesn't/shouldn't to me. I don't have a stress outlet. I don't have a place to go or time to get away.  I'm tired and I can't sleep. The only upside of being sick is it makes me feel a thousand times worse and makes being stir crazy and healthy seem a thousand times better. I need an interruption free outlet and I need more hands. I know I was getting the hang of this whole thing-- I KNOW I WAS. Being sick has really brought me down. I'm tired of it and I don't want to cry. I'll say it again and again: I need more hands... and a hug would help too.

Edit: And I'm not even talking about partying. I could absolutely care less about going out and getting sloppy, but if I could just sit and sew for 3 uninterrupted hours without wanting to cry because of the pain I still have on my bottom side 11 weeks after labor I would be pretty content right now. Yes, it still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment