Friday, November 26, 2010


It's friday so that can only mean one thing. Yes, it's another 'Friday Favourites' post. I'm not quite sure why I just introduced it like I was introducing an episode of Top of the Pops. Forgive me! I hope all my American readers had a lovely Thanksgiving. I joined in and created my own list of things I'm thankful for here. It's now under a month til Christmas time - cue manic present buying! I've bought one present so far :/ I'd best get a bloody move on but due to lack of funds things have come to a violent halt. I'd hoped that my New Look discount would help with presents this year but apparently the beau doesn't want a leopard print stiletto money box. Fussy, huh?! I hope you've all had a lovely week. Mine has been spent wishing it was warmer and working a couple of shifts. I honestly cannot wait for the next three weeks to hurry along. I'd like to say a big big thank you to every single follower/commenter/reader of this blog. 200 followers? Dear me! Your support means everything to me. Anyway, I shall post soon my pretties. Enjoy my favourites (:


001; river island owl bracelet
The other week I said to myself I'd stop featuring accessories so often on these weekly posts. This was soon forgotten when I found this absolutely gorgeous/in your face owl bracelet from River Island. I own an abundance of owl necklaces, some owl brooches and owl rings but it seems my collection lacks a bracelet. This one is certainly up to the job! I think it'd be the perfect way to add a touch of crazy owl glamour to any dowdy outfit and have therefore added it to my Christmas list. I've also been mentioning it daily to the motherbear. If she doesn't get the hint I will weep, haha. This bracelet is also the perfect way to fill the void left by Hedwig's untimely death. What do you think of this bracelet? Perfect or a little over the top?



002; lazy oaf new pieces
I've web-stalked Lazy Oaf for a few years now and never fail to find pieces within their new collection to lust after. Their designs have certainly evolved lately and become a lot more focused on combining their kooky designs with on trend styles. The Oaf flare is present in pieces like this pizza jumper. This long sleeved dress, pictured above, is my idea of perfection simply because it's relatively oversized. This means I can stuff myself silly over Christmas but wear something like this and still look relatively fabulous and graceful. Furthermore, it has hidden pockets. I love hidden pockets! Other new pieces that I've had my eye on include: the pendleton slob tee, curls for the girls wallet and this polka dot sweater dress. What sort of things are you going to be wearing over the holiday period?


003; atlantic city cover - kyle & danielle
I stumbled upon this beautiful Bruce Springsteen cover the other day and have listened to it a fair few times since. The male/female combination, usually embraced by Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling, has yet again been triumped by the lovely Kyle from 'Typhoon' and Danielle from 'Congratulations' . Their voices compliment each other perfectly and in turn make this cover very soulful to listen to. The video is also shot beautifully and the background scenery/noises are perfectly teamed to accomodate the soft voices. What do you think?Are their any duets you think I should check out?



004; glittery brogues
As a female that stands at around 5ft10, I usually shy away from wearing heels on a night out through fear of being mistaken for some form of drag act / embarassing my boyfriend. However, this causes quite a problem as my ankles are too small for dolly shoes and you obviously can't wear trainers on a night out :/ Therefore, when stores bring out funky brogues perfect for nights out I become a very happy lady. These glittery lovelies from Urban Outfitters are no exception. I think they'd look perfect teamed with a funky tee/skirt combo or perfect for toughening up a feminine party dress. Any other tall girls out there that suffer with a similar problem to me? What do you wear on a night out?



005; the notebook
Oh, how typical teenage girl of me?! It may suprise you that usually I'm not too fond of romantic/lovey dovey films and find them predictable and boring. However, the one film that manages to captivate me is the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel 'The Notebook'. It makes me weep like a child but I still go back for more a couple times a year perhaps. The ending is just so heart warmingly upsetting. The first thing that I love about this film is the realism to the story. It's not one of those films that shows the predictable 'boy-meets-girl-they-fall-in-love-and-never-have-a-care-in-the-world' storylines. Secondly, it's shot beautifully *hello scenes in the lake*. Thirdly, Ryan Gosling. I'm currently trying to convince my boyfriend to watch it with me because after the amount of crap boy films he's made me watch I believe it's only fair. Right?! If you've yet to see this film I suggest you do so. Any other fans of 'The Notebook' here? Do you prefer the film to the book or vice versa?


*Theres goes another 'Friday Favourites' post. Leave a comment and let me know what you think of my picks (: Any plans for the weekend? Hope you all have a goodun regardless of what you're doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment