Friday, November 5, 2010


Blimey! These weeks like to rush along don't they?! Now that Halloween is out of the way we can now look forward to Christmas - big yays! This week I've pretty much just been doing housewife duties - much to my beau's delight because he seems to think I'll be doing everything for him next year! (No way in hell!) I've been thinking about the direction of the blog lately and I've decided I'm going to start posting more photos of my mug and maybe have a few outfit posts every now and again. After all, I'll probably be purchasing clothes a lot more once I start at my new job. This is my 100th post so I'd like to take the time to say a big thank you to my followers both old and new! I'm actually cheating and typing this on Thursday because I'm spending the weekend down at Plymouth with the beau. I'm not liking this long distance thing at all :/ Oh well, I'm sure May will come round soon enough, eh?! I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Here's this weeks pick of favourites. Leave a comment and let me know what you think (:


001; custom made
I stumbled upon custom made through facebook and I'm so glad I did. They have some of the cutest handmade gifts on offer! The brooches above merely give you a vague idea of the things on offer so I suggest you go check out their site.  These bright quirky brooches would brighten up any dull outfit and certainly help you make a few new friends along the way! I'm also loving their happy folk purse and their vintage owl brooch. There's not as much choice on this site as others I have previously featured but there are still some lovely gift ideas on there that are perfect for the run up to Christmas! Take a peek and let me know what you think.


002; english cheesecake company
I came across the English Cheesecake Company after the lovely Sarah from 'sequin this' tweeted about their website and my oh my, I'm so glad she did! They've got so many different varieties of cheesecake from chocolate to fruit to nut to the ever so tempting cookies and cream! Admittedly, they aren't exactly cheap but just think of the beautifully satisfied feeling you'll get when you have a slice! Mmm, that's how I justify it anyway! You can even get them personalised so they're the ideal gift for that someone special *my birthday is in July hint hint*. Go take a peek at the site yourself and find yourself lusting after the strawberry clotted cream pavlova cheesecake, caramel shortbread cheesecake or the vanilla chocolate profiterole smash cheesecake amongst many others. There's even something for those that don't like cheesecake as they have extremely indulgent cakes on offer *see the photograph above for a perfect example*. What food do you like to treat yourself to when you feel overly indulgent?



003; friday i'm in love by the cure
I know it's not very contemporary but hell it's Friday and I'm in love so therefore it's relevant. Furthermore, The Cure are pretty much my favourite band and this so happens to be one of my favourite songs by them. I just love the cheeky child-like spontaneity of the video. I think it really depicts the crazy whirlwind that is being in love with someone. I've been really tempted to rename this feature 'Friday I'm In Love' for a while now but I'm not sure how well that works. Answers on a postcard please. I adore The Cure because their songs seem to have so much depth to them when you really give them a listen. Songs these days just seem to have one level and sound quite empty in comparison. Give the song and listen and let me know your opinion. Any other bloggers fellow fans of The Cure?




004; accessorize slipper boots
I'm really loving the whole Fairisle look this winter and these little beauties from Accessorize show it off perfectly. My feet have been absolutely freezing lately so I'm practically lusting after this pair right now.  They're certainly a lot more jazzy than the bog standard fluffy slipper socks I usually adorn around this time of year! I'm thinking this year I should treat my feet and get myself some. What do you think? I am also falling in love with this pair of wooly navajo slipper boots. They have a certain Pocahontas feel about them and I'm kinda in love with that being a massive fan of moccasins! I suggest you all go out and buy yourself a pair to keep your tootsies warm in these arctic conditions. You'd be a fool not to (:




005; jamie's 3o minute meals
I feel like a hypocrite featuring Jamie Oliver in my favourites simply because I'm not his biggest fan at all. I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke but I've just never got on with how he presents himself or whatever. However, I've really enjoyed watching this new series in which Jamie produces a meal in under 30 minutes. I think it's a great concept for a food show in this day and age when people find it so difficult to produce homecooked food in a short amount of time after a busy day at work. I haven't watched too many as of yet but I shall be 4od'ing them and have enjoyed what I've witnessed so far. I made the mistake of watching the episode in which he makes a gorgeous steak ciabatta at around 11pm last night so it left me absolutely starving for bedtime! I'd recommend the show to anyone that finds it difficult to produce a hearty meal after a busy day. I like food shows a little too much :/ 


*What do you think of this weeks favourites? Any plans for the weekend? Feel free to leave a comment - I read, appreciate and attempt to reply to all (:


No comments:

Post a Comment